Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Risers with max pull back(Verholen 60mm?) or a combination of 2 risers  (Read 591 times)

Offline christoph17

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: FJ09
  • City / Town: Rochelle park
Anyone else use the verholen risers?
I am curious if they really go back 60mm and 20mm up as as it states. They are quite expensive at $215. The 60mm back portion is what is important to me.

As an alternative, I am wondering if anyone has used a combination of a 25mm riser and in ADDITION, a separate riser stacked on top (like the ROX rotating ones).
This would provide maximum pullback of the handlebars which would in turn reduce the rider back lean angle.

thanks in advance!

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
You may want to contact this you tuber (also forum member but can't remember her call name). She had an FZ09 before her s1000r and has put several thousand miles on her verholen bar risers.

Offline christoph17

• S1000R Junior
Thanks for the replies guys.
I did see those links and those are the risers I am thinking about.
Agreed on the no name brand ones- will check

Does any one have experience with adding 2 sets of risers (back and ROX adjustable ones on top of those to move them back closer to the rider)
Not sure if it might be ok, or some safety issue.

Offline christoph17

• S1000R Junior
I did leave a message on the youtuber's account inquiring about the extenders. Thanks @windyrun !

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
*Originally Posted by christoph17 [+]
Does any one have experience with adding 2 sets of risers (back and ROX adjustable ones on top of those to move them back closer to the rider)
Not sure if it might be ok, or some safety issue.

No experience with 'double' risers, but I did have 2" Rox risers on my R, and any more than that you may need extensions to the Clutch cable and the front brake line. Just a fyi

Offline GDCobra

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Preston
Can anybody comment on hos much rise you can have without needing to extend cables or brake lines?

Offline joets185

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R
  • City / Town: Hilliard, OH
I am using the MV Verholen risers and they made a dramatic improvement for me. Can't give you the exact amount of movement aft, but I no longer feel like I am reaching for the grips. Allows me a more relaxed hold, which was what I was after. They are not inexpensive, but well made and the finish matches well. I found no need to change cable routing but did have to remove the clamp that was holding the clutch cable. I can take some take and provide measurements if it would help.

Joe

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
I have Rox adjustable risers for sale
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor