Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi there from Germany  (Read 290 times)

Offline Sandie

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R
Hi there from Germany
« on: March 28, 2019, 11:28:12 PM »
Welcome, i am Achim from Germany. Some colleagues here at work call me "grumpy old men" ... f***g young rookies...
I bought my S1000R last year after 14 years on an Speed Triple.
First things i bought were carbon engine covers from carbonadi.de Hope, i dont need them, but the past has shown that it is not a question, if - more a question when... dont want to show my radiographs at this point.
I spend couple of weekends on track with my Speedy. She is now only-for-race.

Once, i thougt this is the bike, i never change anything, but more and more I am suffering from the g.a.s. ... Gear Acquisition Syndrome ... guess, you know what i mean...

I have big issues to calibrate the right sag. Stop, the biggest issue is probably my wife. She loves to ride on the back seat. And she make it pretty well. Also on Race track. We both are not over the BMI, not much...but with passenger much over the BMW-Levels
I spend now a few weeks to find out, what to do and so i found this page.
I am still searching the right threads and hopefull, to get the information i need.

And , going back to the  g.a.s, i have something read about how to change the right non-DCC-fork to the S1000RR fork...yeah, im ill.....

Sorry for my bad english, its about 40 years ago i left school.....

Greets
Achim

Offline Meguerra

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2016 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Temecula
Re: Hi there from Germany
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:13:49 AM »
 :400: :400:

Are you using the Two Up option in the DDC settings by holding the suspension button down for a few seconds to show two helmets on the cluster?

Offline Sandie

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:56:51 AM »
Yes. But it dont change the spring rate. And i guess, thats the problem. The rear prelod is at max. But that is not enough. The level of the bike is still to much on the back.
I know, the S1R is not a double-person-bike, but i want to change it to this.

Offline Meguerra

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2016 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Temecula
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 03:29:53 AM »
Here is a link for Wilbers for stiffer front springs.

https://www.wilbers-shop.de/en/Motorcycle/BMW/S-1000-R-K10-2R10/?year=2016

For the rear shock you will need to find custom spring maker in your area to source the spring as no one offers stiffer spring rates for the S1000R. Here is a link for some good info
https://www.s1000r.co.uk/index.php/topic,6736.0.html

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor