Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ABS light started flashing. Engine warning light on.  (Read 287 times)

Offline fab

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: SYDNEY
ABS light started flashing. Engine warning light on.
« on: March 20, 2019, 09:07:40 AM »
Hello,

When I was commuting back from work yesterday, I realised that the ABS light started flashing whenever the road got a bit bumpy.

I was going pretty slow speed and wasnt touching the brake. The issue got worse and worse today and eventually the warning light showing an engine turned on.

I didnt do any changes to the bike recently. No new tyres etc. Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Cheers,
Fabian

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: ABS light started flashing. Engine warning light on.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:55:10 PM »
Check that there is no crap lodged between the ABS rings and the sensor(front and rear)

Offline Zig Zag

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Black Storm
  • City / Town: Virginia
Re: ABS light started flashing. Engine warning light on.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:28:03 PM »
For what its worth... I had a broken wire on the front abs sensor right where it bends back and forth when you turn the handle bars.
Every engine warning light Ive had has been improper signal from the side stand.
I believe investing in a diagnostic tool is a good idea. I just plug in the GS 911 and see for myself.
You should remember that its peace of mind youre after and not just a fixed machine.
Robert Persig

Recent Posts/Topics