Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Soupyís lowering links and Soupyís adjustable kickstand  (Read 209 times)

Offline ST3ALTH

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R
Soupyís lowering links and Soupyís adjustable kickstand
« on: February 25, 2019, 02:32:56 AM »
Iíve read a lot on here about lowering the S1000R and messing with the suspension. Iíve also done a lot of research on my own.  Therefore, Iím posting this strictly for others searching for the same information.  Iím not very tall, about 5Ē8, so my bike was slightly taller than I was comfortable with.  I could manage but still wanted to lower it if I could do it safely without messing up the suspension or anything else.  All that aside, I ended up purchasing Soupyís Performance lowering links (which I recommend).  Theyíre good quality and simple to install.  I previously dropped my forks a half inch before installing the links, which I used to drop the back by the same amount.  Dropping the forks is simple as well.  I know a lot of people say lowering the bike will mess up the suspension and that recalibrating the DDC is usually necessary.  I did not have this problem whatsoever.  I lowered my bike, and took it for a ride, and the suspension was fantastic.  I didnít notice any stiffness or other issues.  Before lowering my bike, I had the ECU flashed by Brentuning (which I also recommend).  Iím assuming thatís why I didnt have to recalibrate my DDC?  Anyway, I purchased Soupyís adjustable kickstand as well (which I once again recommend).  My bike would still stand on its own, but it didnt quite have the lean that I wanted.  It stood a little too upright for me.  Overall, Iím super satisfied with the results.  My bike is low enough for me to flat foot it now, and my suspension did not have to be recalibrated.  I still have the same smooth ride.  Life is good.  If you have any questions in regards to this, donít hesitate in asking.  Iíd be glad to help in any way I can.  😊

Recent Posts/Topics