Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch Free Play Adjustment  (Read 549 times)

Offline SeanChen

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: Irvine, CA
Clutch Free Play Adjustment
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:36:07 PM »
Has no free play in clutch lever whatsoever after getting my dealer to fit my HP levers... How should I turn the adjuster to get more free play? Manual is very confusing :006: :006: :087: :087:... See the screenshot attached.. is it red or blue?

Offline Alan

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
Re: Clutch Free Play Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:48:35 PM »
Turn it clockwise (red) to increase free play in the cable
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:49:46 PM by Alan »

Offline beech

• S1000R Master
  • I change tires, you buy them on the web. $40
  • Bike: S1000R, K1300S
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 05:20:41 AM »
Clockwise looking from the cable into the perch. You need .5 to 1mm gap on the lever bits before you feel some resistance. This is with the bike cold. The gap gets much larger when the bike warms up. Keep this in mind when going back to your dealer. I would mention it to the supervisor. (as an excuse, maybe the gap was set while the engine was hot)

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17S1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »
Trying to find a sweet spot on the clutch myself as I ride with 2 fingers was challenging.  Im going to check slack on warm up next time Im out.
17S1KR

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Pro
  • any day on 2 wheels is a good day
  • Bike: 18 S1KR sport
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:19:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by beech [+]
Clockwise looking from the cable into the perch. You need .5 to 1mm gap on the lever bits before you feel some resistance. This is with the bike cold. The gap gets much larger when the bike warms up. Keep this in mind when going back to your dealer. I would mention it to the supervisor. (as an excuse, maybe the gap was set while the engine was hot)
Interesting.... Thought it was just me. I set it cold to approx 1mm. Noticed there is significantly more slack during/after a ride. I'll set it and stop scrutinizing it so much ! Glad to hear its "normal"

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor