Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wunderlich bar risers  (Read 368 times)

Offline John B

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Bicester
Wunderlich bar risers
« on: January 21, 2019, 04:36:03 PM »
Hi all, I have just fitted the Wunderlich bar risers (20mm) to my 2017 S1000r. Everything is perfect except the clutch cable seems to be at its limit on full left hand lock and I am concerned about the issues this may cause in the long term. I have pulled the cable through as much as possible and I loosened and adjusted the little cable clamp under the bar clamp. Is this normal or can I do something to get another 5-10 mm of Cable length.
Cheers
John

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: Wunderlich bar risers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:10:44 PM »
Remove the little clamp under the bar clamp, that should give you a few more mm!

Offline John B

• S1000R Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 06:16:35 PM »
Cheers for that, I did consider that but thought I would ask first.

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 07:58:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by John B [+]
Cheers for that, I did consider that but thought I would ask first.

Id be interested in knowing if that sorted it as im considering a set of these risers...Thanks.

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 08:03:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by podders [+]
Id be interested in knowing if that sorted it as im considering a set of these risers...Thanks.

I had 2 inch Rox Risers on my R for a while, it worked for those.(though it is a good job the bars don't turn too far otherwise it would be an issue, even with the stock bar position!)

Offline John B

• S1000R Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 02:07:52 PM »
Hi all,
Just an update on my Wunderlich Bar Risers.
As suggested I removed the little cable clamp and now I have sufficient free play in the clutch cable👍
I took the bike out yesterday for my first real try with the risers fitted and I was somewhat surprised at how much the risers have changed the steering, it feels pretty vague now and whereas before I was very confident with the front end, yesterday I felt quite uncomfortable. Is this just a case of getting used to it or is this typical?

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »
Could be a question of just getting used to it. I guess with the risers your body weight has moved back a little, in effect taking some weight off the front of the bike?

Offline boxerkuh

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R;K75;R100R
  • City / Town: Carolina's
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »
Interesting, I have installed them and did not have any problems...without the cable length or front end feel. I do lean on my tankbag a bit though. I was happy to know that the 20mm gave me enough as all  other choices that I considered did take away from the "look". I just may not be as sensitive as others...LOL...or as good a rider to notice the difference...

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor