Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rust?  (Read 388 times)

Offline Mookamongus

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R 2017
  • City / Town: Lyon
Rust?
« on: January 12, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »
I've read through all 14 pages that return after a search for "rust."  Most of the results are about [t]rust or [f]rust[ation], with a couple of posts from a rider named Rusty.  In the year and 25,000 km that I've owned the bike, I have been pretty vigilant about washing it.  I use ACF 50 once a year. (By the way, there is a quasi-experimental test of a large variety of corrosion resistant applications over at Bennet's that puts ACF 50 in fourth place, well behind a new brand called XCP: https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/products/the-best-motorcycle-corrosion-protectants/tested-xcp-rust-blocker-corrosion-protectant-review.) I think one of the advantages of owning a BMW over a Japanese bike is the quality of the production materials. The bike, so my bank account tells me, should be less prone to rust than others. I hope.

Have any of you, but particularly those with older mills or who ride year-round, found any areas of rust that cause concern?  What I am asking about is are there any areas that I should focus my attention on as I wash and reapply some product?

Many thanks to your collective wisdom!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:04:48 PM by Mookamongus »

Recent Posts/Topics