Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tune for exhaust?  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Meguerra

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2016 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Temecula
Re: Tune for exhaust?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 08:43:28 PM »
Okay I see now. Not familiar with Rapid Bike (RB) stuff. So had you spent more time playing with the MyTuningBike you could have fixed the lower rpm issue?

I plan on doing before and after dyno runs with Attack Performance in Huntington Beach CA. I will soon be installing a full Arrow Evo shorty along with Driven Racing engine block off plates, Sprint P08 air filter, Bazzaz ZiFi F1090 fuel controller,  Bazzaz Z-AFM 4.9 auto mapper and the AIT relocation kit on my '16.

Offline Not_A_S1000r

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Conroe TX
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 08:20:06 PM »
Update: I went ahead and purchased my Arrow full exhaust and rapid bike evo tuner. will update on how everything goes. thanks for the guidance

Offline MrVerceti

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2014 S1000r
  • City / Town: Toronto
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 09:08:05 PM »
I went the cheap route and decided to get a danmoto link pipe, essentially to get rid of the cat and make it full system. I had a horrible experience.  Anything below 3500RPM was jerky. The torque was gone in the mid range as well. I bought a bazzaz unit but never got around to fit it. I went back to stock and i couldn't be happier. Torque, throttle response, and general smoothness came back. I also didnt like the idea of there being fault codes when running the bazzaz and link pipe. My 2 cents.

Offline AndersK

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: '19 S1000R
  • City / Town: Kirkenes
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Not_A_S1000r [+]
Update: I went ahead and purchased my Arrow full exhaust and rapid bike evo tuner. will update on how everything goes. thanks for the guidance

The right way to go! RapidBike EVO is amazing. I had it on my Gixxer 1000, and I have already ordered one for my yet to be delivered '19 S1000R. I fooled around with PCV on my previous bike, and on several of my snowmobiles.. After just unboxing the RB Evo, you can tell it's a totally different world. The software is easy to use, and the auto-adapt feature is sublime! Just remember to lower the threshold for AA adjustment.

I'm through with PCV for the rest of my life, go team RB!

Online cheese

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Phoenix AZ
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 09:01:27 PM »
I have a full Akrapovic on my 17 with a PCV and had it dyno tuned locally. I ran the bike w/o the pcv and tune for a couple months and it was fine but I gained 8hp and 6lbft peak power with as much as 10 hp gain near 9k rpm. I would highly recommend having a professional tune the bike rather than a generic tune. Huge improvement...

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor