Author Topic: Castle Coombe noise limits  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Berkshire
Re: Castle Coombe noise limits
Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 10:38:54 AM
Oh sorry Alan :034:  I missed seeing your last post! I hope youíve managed to get booked in? Iím there next on Aug. 26th? and Sept 24th .  Was there this wed. These pics are from June, first time on the 6r.  Had the suspension set at the track by James Packwood and what a difference it was to ride. Really recommend him to anyone and he does all bike work too. Heís in Bristol area and trackdays/ race events too.

Offline Alan

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 10:45:57 AM
Nice photos, hope you enjoyed it.  I haven't booked anything yet, may leave it until next year now as there is only October available 

Offline SteveS1000R

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2018 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 11:12:37 AM
Great photos Rob. I have gone on the waiting list for the 26th as I passed the noise test just with the Akra GP shorty at 105db.

Offline Fossil

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: Berkshire
Reply #23 on: August 01, 2020, 03:11:17 PM
*Originally Posted by Alan [+]
Nice photos, hope you enjoyed it.  I haven't booked anything yet, may leave it until next year now as there is only October available

Well, the first one not so much as it was that blistering hot Wednesday in June,  I had a new to me bike, new tyres brake pads and rear sets  so it all felt really odd.  Made a couple of changes to ergos before the next one which helped a lot. Also at the track was James Packwood Racing who set up my suspension for £40 which was money very well spent!  It made a huge difference  and I felt I was improving every session, he made a small adjustment through the day as I was using all my fork travel with braking harder. I can  totally recommend  him to anyone .  He's at   jamespackwoodracing.co.uk  near Bristol if anyone wants help.

I've actually booked October too now as its 3 days after my birthday so a pressie to me 😀😀

*Originally Posted by SteveS1000R [+]
Great photos Rob. I have gone on the waiting list for the 26th as I passed the noise test just with the Akra GP shorty at 105db.

Oh well done! Fingers crossed for you then Steve! 

Offline SteveS1000R

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2018 S1KR Sport
  • City / Town: Newbury
Reply #24 on: August 03, 2020, 12:59:12 PM
Not politically correct but address nose limits

sociology-monitor