Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T  (Read 1531 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Funky

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Somerset
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 08:51:13 PM »
Added the SC Project GP70 R to my 2018, definitely louder than the stock and will crack and pop on demand even with the cat still fitted, whereas the stock does not a lot in that department,  definitely an increase on the near silent stock Akro.

Obviously not anywhere near the deafening ride of a decay though!  :008:


Offline cycler

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 306
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: New York
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 06:54:23 AM »
I have the 2017-18 Akra GP can and full system on my 2015 SKR.  I made it fit with a few simple mods.  The can in my opinion is one of the best looking cans on the market.  However it is very loud.  My Austin Racing shorty exhaust on my S1000RR is loud but its a deep grumble.  Even with my wireless earbuds in with the music pumped up loud the Akra GP can, can be heard. The music even on the loudest setting does not drown out the sound.  Does the Akra sound great?  Yes for about 30-40 miles then it is just loud?   The sound is great.  I just wish it was toned down a bit.  And I didnt even remove the baffle
2016 BMW S1000RR
2016 Ducati 1299 Panigale
2015 BMW S1000R
2011 Superglide custom. 107 build
2010 Streetglide 117 build

Offline cycler

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 306
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: New York
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 06:03:31 AM »
Here is a pic of the full Akra exhaust with 2017-18 gp can on my 2015 SKR

2016 BMW S1000RR
2016 Ducati 1299 Panigale
2015 BMW S1000R
2011 Superglide custom. 107 build
2010 Streetglide 117 build

Offline Rawdon

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 18
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: 2017 S1000r
  • City / Town: Cockermouth
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by S1000R1337 [+]
Hi guys!

So I'm deciding between the Akra GP and SC Project CR-T titanium cans.

My question is which can is louder. I would assume SC would be louder. However, on their website the SC is euro 4 compliant and the dB levels are below the homologation limit, while on Akra website the GP can is a few dB louder and not street legal.

What are your experiences? Which can is louder?

And are these cans a lot louder than stock exhaust? As I've read conflicting reports. Some say it's not at all louder due to the cat and some say it's much louder.

Thanks!

I've got the SC CRT on mine and a friends got the Akra moto gp on his and i'd say that the SC is louder, not by much though. they both have a much deeper tone than standard. I bought the SC project over the Akra mainly because you don't need the hanger so you can get rid of the pillion pegs.

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 37
  • Country: ph
  • Bike: S1000R 2018
  • City / Town: Metro Manila
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 12:20:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by cycler [+]
I have the 2017-18 Akra GP can and full system on my 2015 SKR.  I made it fit with a few simple mods.  The can in my opinion is one of the best looking cans on the market.  However it is very loud.  My Austin Racing shorty exhaust on my S1000RR is loud but its a deep grumble.  Even with my wireless earbuds in with the music pumped up loud the Akra GP can, can be heard. The music even on the loudest setting does not drown out the sound.  Does the Akra sound great?  Yes for about 30-40 miles then it is just loud?   The sound is great.  I just wish it was toned down a bit.  And I didnt even remove the baffle
Agree with you 100%. It was painfully loud for me.

But, yours have a baffle? Any mods you did to lessen the loudness?

Offline cycler

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 306
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: New York
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 03:21:25 AM »
I guess my exhaust still has the baffle in. I dont know whether it came in the exhaust or not lol. But its loud.i didnt do anything to quiet it down.  I also have the rapid bike and my tune in it
2016 BMW S1000RR
2016 Ducati 1299 Panigale
2015 BMW S1000R
2011 Superglide custom. 107 build
2010 Streetglide 117 build

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 37
  • Country: ph
  • Bike: S1000R 2018
  • City / Town: Metro Manila
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 03:39:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by cycler [+]
I guess my exhaust still has the baffle in. I dont know whether it came in the exhaust or not lol. But its loud.i didnt do anything to quiet it down.  I also have the rapid bike and my tune in it
It has no baffle. Even went to an exhaust expert and they can't do anything to silence it

Offline cycler

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 306
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: New York
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 05:43:14 AM »
So thats why I get a headache once in a while lol.  Loud ass exhaust.  The more I think about it the more I think I should have put a Austin racing exhaust on like I did on my S1000RR.  Oh well you live and learn
2016 BMW S1000RR
2016 Ducati 1299 Panigale
2015 BMW S1000R
2011 Superglide custom. 107 build
2010 Streetglide 117 build

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 37
  • Country: ph
  • Bike: S1000R 2018
  • City / Town: Metro Manila
Re: 2017 S1000R Akra gp slip on vs SC Project CR-T
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 06:32:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by cycler [+]
So thats why I get a headache once in a while lol.  Loud ass exhaust.  The more I think about it the more I think I should have put a Austin racing exhaust on like I did on my S1000RR.  Oh well you live and learn
The Akra is a "GP" slip-on, so they're trying to mimic the GP sound, which is really ear-piercing. That's why all of them and those even on the paddocks wear ear plugs. Re the Austin, there are those willing to swap their Austin for an Akra, so maybe the Austing is even more painfully loud

 


Recent Posts/Topics