Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ECU re-map  (Read 1284 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Orb

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Scotland
ECU re-map
« on: December 31, 2018, 09:35:51 AM »
Hi

 Just wondering if anybody has had their ecu re-mapped i was thinking of sending my 2017 ecu to hill top tunning for a re-map has anyone had this done?

cheers
Simon.

Offline Wullie

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 56
  • Country: scotland
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: LIVINGSTON
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
Also interested in feedback here, I was thinking of doing the same.

Offline The Orb

  • S1000R Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Scotland
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:38:01 PM »
I'm going to contact them after the holidays and see what the score is, I would of liked to ride down and get them to do it while I was there and also put it on their dyno so if the were any problems they could sort it out there and then

Offline CrazyBiker

  • S1000R Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 594
  • Country: us
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R|Tuono|Tiger
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 05:30:10 PM »
Please do a search on this and RR forum. Most have been disappointed with the ECU flash on these bikes.
2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
RACE ECU|Arrow Exhaust|RSV4 Bellpan|CF Tank/Tail sliders|Powerbronze Screen|Koso Heated Grips2014 S1000R Premium
Akra Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax,Tecbike Pan|Bestem CF Fender,sliders|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360 LED signals|H&B panniers
2017 Tiger Explorer XCa
Expedition Cases|ADV protector

Offline starpower

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 324
  • Country: us
  • Bike: '14 S1KR, ZeroS
  • City / Town: Potter Valley
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 06:18:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by CrazyBiker [+]
Please do a search on this and RR forum. Most have been disappointed with the ECU flash on these bikes.

+1. Im one of those.
"The most beautiful things in the world are those from which all excess weight has been eliminated" - Henry Ford I, 1893

Online djmrmagic

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 51
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 07:38:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by starpower [+]
+1. Im one of those.

Is that disappointed with the remap, or the Hilltop remap?
A friend with a RR got a Hiltop remap, and was very unhappy....took it to Dave Woods @ Aylesbury, totally different bike....wants to lift all the time now, where as it wouldn't before.

I took mine to Dave Wood, he remapped mine, took a bit more work as the r ECU is locked, and he has to get the soldering iron out to unlock it, but again mine is night and day better....167 @ wheel
Very happy!

Offline miles

  • S1000R Grand Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1845
  • Country: us
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 12:32:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by djmrmagic [+]
mine is night and day better....167 @ wheel



What did it dyno at before the remap?
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline podders

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 05:34:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by djmrmagic [+]
Is that disappointed with the remap, or the Hilltop remap?
A friend with a RR got a Hiltop remap, and was very unhappy....took it to Dave Woods @ Aylesbury, totally different bike....wants to lift all the time now, where as it wouldn't before.

I took mine to Dave Wood, he remapped mine, took a bit more work as the r ECU is locked, and he has to get the soldering iron out to unlock it, but again mine is night and day better....167 @ wheel
Very happy!

That sounds good going...Im also from Northants, how much did Dave Woods charge for the remap mate?

Online djmrmagic

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 51
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 10:02:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by miles [+]

What did it dyno at before the remap?

Oh dunno cause I took the end can off as he was also fitting a new one, thought I'd save time.....so he couldn't do a initial run.....doh!

Online djmrmagic

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 51
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: ECU re-map
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 10:04:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by podders [+]
That sounds good going...Im also from Northants, how much did Dave Woods charge for the remap mate?

Can't remember exact figure, think it was 400 ish

 


Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor