Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: A couple of windscreen questions  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Thomas90

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2015 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Baltimore, MD
A couple of windscreen questions
« on: December 13, 2018, 11:19:39 AM »
Hi everyone, I believe this is the right place to ask a question about windscreen for the S1000R.
So, the bike is 2015, and I picked it up from the previous owner without a windscreen. It's getting cold in the area I live (MD), and I think of adding a windscreen to direct the air stream above myself. So I was wondering if there is a good windscreen that isn't too noisy for me to consider?
Last night I saw Puig screens online, but I found only Sport ones (link). Is there a higher screen available for our S100Rs?
I appreciate any comments and recommendations!
Regards,
Thomas.

Online windyrun

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
Re: A couple of windscreen questions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »
The wunderlich marathon is the mother of all screens :) Search this forum for reviews but seems most like it for intended job.

Offline Thomas90

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: Baltimore, MD
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 01:30:43 PM »
Nice, thanks a lot, I'll check for their screens right now.
Appreciate your help.

Offline RobLaw

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: Gold Coast
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 08:29:17 AM »
as windyrun said "The wunderlich marathon is the mother of all screens :)"

this is mine, no noise as with the extra bit it have no wind at all, i'm 6'2"

Offline coldsoda

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • City / Town: Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 05:29:18 AM »
I'm highly satisfied with the marathon screen. Ive had it on for a couple years now and the fit/finish is top notch and wind protection is great.

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 06:27:03 AM »
V-Stream FTW!

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline Zig Zag

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Black Storm
  • City / Town: Virginia
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 03:30:08 PM »
I have collected five screens over the years. I have the Resoma, Wunderlich sport and touring and the MRA sport and touring. IMHO the Wunderlich touring screen works the best but is noisy. I am currently running the MRA touring screen in black, works pretty good. If I had to choose to keep just one I think it would be the Wunderlich sport screen.
You should remember that its peace of mind youre after and not just a fixed machine.
Robert Persig

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Member
  • "Ride it like you stole it!"
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 06:39:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zig Zag [+]
I have collected five screens over the years. I have the Resoma, Wunderlich sport and touring and the MRA sport and touring. IMHO the Wunderlich touring screen works the best but is noisy. I am currently running the MRA touring screen in black, works pretty good. If I had to choose to keep just one I think it would be the Wunderlich sport screen.
Interesting. I just ordered the Wunderlich sport. Was debating back and forth between that and the touring model. I felt the sport version was more in keeping with the lines of the bike. The wind doesn't..(hasn't) seem to bother me much too date with the exception of doing speeds in excess of 110kph. I'm hoping the sport version will provide a little relief. Thanks, you've reassured me with my purchase ! 

Offline Zig Zag

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Black Storm
  • City / Town: Virginia
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 04:03:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hooligan [+]
Interesting. I just ordered the Wunderlich sport. Was debating back and forth between that and the touring model. I felt the sport version was more in keeping with the lines of the bike. The wind doesn't..(hasn't) seem to bother me much too date with the exception of doing speeds in excess of 110kph. I'm hoping the sport version will provide a little relief. Thanks, you've reassured me with my purchase !

Its expensive but is thicker and better quality than most. Looks and performs great! Excellent choice.
You should remember that its peace of mind youre after and not just a fixed machine.
Robert Persig

Offline DavesBema

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R-Sport
  • City / Town: St Albans
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 08:23:42 AM »
I've got my Vstream for sale on eBay
2016 ZTECHNIK VSTREAM CLEAR SPORT TOURING WIND SCREEN

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor