Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Apex adjustable clipon risers  (Read 1700 times)

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: Ducati SFs
  • City / Town: Bosstown, MA
Apex adjustable clipon risers
« on: December 11, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »
I tour, camp, and track on the same bike, and sometime do it all on the same day. So I am looking for a solution that allows me to easily go from touring mode to track mode.

I am looking at the Apex adjustable clipon risers with 4" height adjustment. They advertise that it is infinitely adjustable including the angle of the bars. Where would 4" bring me position wise relative to the stock bar position? I would like to be about an inch taller at its highest setting. The good thing is Apex is USA based and will make anything you want so I could actually have a 5" version made I think. The only obstacle I see now is I cannot mount my custom bar end weights and bar end mirrors.

I know there is another company that makes adjustable clipon risers but if I remember correctly its at least $100 more and Europe based.

Anyone have experience with the Apex adjustable risers? Here is the one I am talking about:

https://www.apexmfg.com/all-products/product/view/11/173

Offline gluemonster

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 16 Black S1000R
  • City / Town: Boise, Idaho
Re: Apex adjustable clipon risers
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 06:12:48 AM »
I used them on a GSXR 750 street fighter I built and loved them. They are very adjustable and well made, I would recommend them.

Offline alexlee

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R 2017
  • City / Town: Kuala Lumpur
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 09:39:07 AM »
Old thread... but I would like to ask if you've manage to install the APEX clip-on risers?

Is there enough clearance from the headlight fairing? No need to cut any plastics?

Offline alexlee

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R 2017
  • City / Town: Kuala Lumpur
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 10:21:35 AM »
Also wondering since the clip ons have a 7/8" diameter, would that affect the throttle and clamps for our brakes and clutch lever?

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: Ducati SFs
  • City / Town: Bosstown, MA
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 03:17:36 PM »
OP here. Its off season here and I haven't purchase the APEX clip ons yet.

Recent Posts/Topics