Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chinese aftermarket parts  (Read 2576 times)

Offline S1KR187

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R MU
  • City / Town: Rustenburg
Re: Chinese aftermarket parts
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 06:22:25 PM »
How many of u guys experienced the wobble effect and what did u do to eliminate or minimise. I know the damper will assist, but a bike is just as good as the rider controlling it.

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 08:23:49 PM »
I never had any proper wobbles like some have reported. Just the odd gentle movement of the bars during enthusiastic use. Maybe I dont try hard enough  :012:

I actually fitted the Ohlins damper to give me lighter steering at low speeds, which it has done with no loss of stability. Adopting better riding form and taking your weight off the bars greatly improves handling too, as covered well in previous threads.

Offline CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 08:53:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by SwiftTone [+]
I've bought my share of eBay Chinese parts to good success. In my opinion, if its a non-moving non-critical part then I will get an eBay version. Stuff like frame sliders, case savers, even rearsets.

Moving parts such as suspension, steering damper I will get brand name. What if the steering dampers binders when you enter a corner? Well you're not going to make the corner anymore!

Likewise
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline Enzio

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Pretoria
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 07:33:42 AM »
Maybe just me - but I wouldn't buy unknown quality rearsets.
I see this as a safety critical item as well.

I got nothing.....

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Enzio [+]
Maybe just me - but I wouldn't buy unknown quality rearsets.
I see this as a safety critical item as well.

I'm with you on the rearsets.

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: Ducati SFs
  • City / Town: Bosstown, MA
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »
I've had 2 pairs of Chinese eBay rearsets, at least 3 of my friend has them on various bikes. Ride both track and street. Some are finicky to install but once they're on they're good products. The shifting is more precise and smoother than OEM, the pegs are strong and stable.

I'm sure the $500+ Sato rearsets are nicer but not 5x nicer than the eBay ones.

Offline CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
I'm with you on the rearsets.

I won't have much issue with the Chinese ones as most of them are Sato knockoffs themselves. Only thing is they sometimes don't fit well and need to be adjusted and/or need enlarging of mount holes to line them up.
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by CrazyBiker [+]
I won't have much issue with the Chinese ones as most of them are Sato knockoffs themselves. Only thing is they sometimes don't fit well and need to be adjusted and/or need enlarging of mount holes to line them up.

I've worked with 3 sets of Sato "replicas" and 2 other set of unknown eBay rearsets. Never had problems with them not lining up.

The only complaint I have on the Sato replicas are the shift linkage and hardware stainless steel quality could be better. They started showing surface rust at 2 year, 20,000 miles mark. Did not affect the function and you could easily get the bolts replaced with higher quality hardware if you want. A shift linkage replacement would be a little harder to find. Honestly didn't bother me. I do abuse the bike  as I ride rain and shine, go mudding on the way to the camp ground etc etc. Spending $110 on rearsets that functioned 2 years/20k miles is money well spent.

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »
O, and the eBay no name shorty levers I had for 2 years/20k miles were also faultless. I had the black ones with grey adjusters and they still looked and functioned like new.

On the other hand, the Speedymoto (big brand in Ducati world) clutch cover faded from black to purple in the same time. Go figure.

My S1000R came with ASV levers. They feel and look like those eBay ones I had.

Offline CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »
Have been buying chinese pazzo knockoff levers for almost a decade now. No issues with fading as I park mine mostly in the garage. S1000R I feel doesn't need adjustable rearsets so saving the $100 for now.
H&B panniers on both

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor