Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Spare visor carry for awkward shaped visor  (Read 810 times)

Offline Mad-Larkin

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: s1000r
Spare visor carry for awkward shaped visor
« on: November 30, 2018, 10:41:22 AM »
Hey all,

After some advice.  I have finally got myself a helmet with a tinted visor cos it's obviously gives me +10 cool factor.

So, of course I want to carry the clear so that I'm covered should I get stopped.

However, the helmet in question is an Icon Airflite, which if you have a look at, has a visor that isn't exactly standard shaped.  I.e. the visor goes all the way down to the chin of the helmet. 

This means that the standard helmet bags I've seen (the under the arm type) won't fit.

Anyone have any ideas?  My current plan is to be nice to my mum so she'll sew me something lol

Cheers,
Larks

Online nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Spare visor carry for awkward shaped visor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:11:19 AM »
It might be worth getting an ultralite rucksack (they type that fold down into a small pack when not in use ?) - maybe pack your visor in that (using a helmet cover and cloth ?) - just an idea

Offline Mad-Larkin

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 11:14:58 AM »
Cheers, I'll look into it.

I have a tailbag that it does fit in *just*.  But was worried that it doesn't give much wiggle room for the visor, even if I pack it out with other stuff.  Thought the under arm type would mean more support for the visor

Then the missus wants on the back instead of her own bike and the whole plan is scuppered anyway.

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Member
  • "Ride it like you stole it!"
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 12:10:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mad-Larkin [+]
Cheers, I'll look into it.

I have a tailbag that it does fit in *just*.  But was worried that it doesn't give much wiggle room for the visor, even if I pack it out with other stuff.  Thought the under arm type would mean more support for the visor

Then the missus wants on the back instead of her own bike and the whole plan is scuppered anyway.
Sounds like you should have bought a pair of dark sunglasses...Easily stored and the "cool" factor included !

Offline zombie

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Oromocto
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »
Better yet, a photochromatic shield...  I had one on my old Lazer Kestrel and will likely order one for the Shoei I just bought to replace it.

*edit* assuming one is available, I'm not familiar with icon's product line anymore.

Offline Mad-Larkin

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »
Heh, every post I've ever seen about tinted visors have people suggesting that sunglasses should have been bought :P

My other helmets all have drop down sun visors.  This helmet has a gold mirrored visor which is part of the look of the helmet as a whole.  I have the clear for when i need it.

I haven't seen one of the photochromatic visors for it unfortunately.  Still wouldn't get around the mirrored bit though.

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »
Wrap it around your tummy inside the jacket :D
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline Mad-Larkin

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 04:14:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by CrazyBiker [+]
Wrap it around your tummy inside the jacket :D

Please, my abs are far too hard to make that comf.... I can't even finish that  :745:  round stomach and round visor should go together nicely  :008:

yeah, figured that's likely what I'm gonna have to do, with the eventual goal of some sort of bag to hold and protect it that I'll likely have to make myself.

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 05:05:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mad-Larkin [+]
Please, my abs are far too hard to make that comf.... I can't even finish that  :745:  round stomach and round visor should go together nicely  :008:

yeah, figured that's likely what I'm gonna have to do, with the eventual goal of some sort of bag to hold and protect it that I'll likely have to make myself.

You can put the visor in the helmet cover too.

Thats why for the street I always get helmets with inner sun visor. Have been riding with those since 2007. Once you have an helmet with an inner visor, you can't ride without one.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:05:59 PM by CrazyBiker »
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Member
  • "Ride it like you stole it!"
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 06:48:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by CrazyBiker [+]
You can put the visor in the helmet cover too.

Thats why for the street I always get helmets with inner sun visor. Have been riding with those since 2007. Once you have an helmet with an inner visor, you can't ride without one.
:0461:

Recent Posts/Topics