Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member from Essex, UK.  (Read 549 times)

Offline Dom1986

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Braintree
New member from Essex, UK.
« on: November 26, 2018, 07:30:50 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm 2 days away from taking delivery of my very own S1000R and all I can say is that from everything I've read and seen online, is that I am really looking forward to Thursday.
I have been riding since I was 16 and rode religiously for about 4 years, I then had to move out so stopped riding with a promise to myself to get another bike when I could afford to.
About 7 years ago I Had a couple of friends pass (very bad motorcycle accident which involved both of them) which really put me off riding, and it's only been the past couple of years where I have decided to get back on the horse.
My bike history is Aprilia RS50 (we all start somewhere), then onto an R6 - which blew up (not my best purchase), then a K4 GSXR 600 - so far my favourite bike, and then two ZX6R Ninjas - one of which I rode from the UK through France, Switzerland, and into Italy and back (and yes 100 miles into France I realised that I had taken the wrong tool for the job).  So yep that's about me all summed up! Hi everyone!, Dom

Offline DavesBema

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R-Sport
  • City / Town: St Albans
Re: New member from Essex, UK.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:16:37 PM »
Welcome, you will enjoy the bike so much, it's a stunning ride.

Offline Mick Oliver

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Stanford-le-hope
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 11:22:10 AM »
I saw one for sale from a dealer in Braintree is that the one you are buying as it looks really nice.
There are awesome bits of kit fast as you like with great brakes just watch out because they do not have the best turning circle at low speed
You will enjoy  :152:

Offline strippervicar

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 01:38:00 PM »
Hi. I'm in Suffolk and plan on purchasing my own S1000R in the next few weeks. Test rode one in October and haven't been able to think of anything else since. Amazing machine.

Offline Dom1986

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 10:35:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mick Oliver [+]
I saw one for sale from a dealer in Braintree is that the one you are buying as it looks really nice.
There are awesome bits of kit fast as you like with great brakes just watch out because they do not have the best turning circle at low speed
You will enjoy  :152:

I did see the one in Braintree but ended up buying one from Manchester. It's being delivered tomorrow and I cant wait. Only down side is that I dont want to tax it until Saturday or I pay a full months tax for one day (yes I know its only a few quid - but it's the principle), It also means I have a day to fit frame sliders etc... really excited! I'll keep an eye out for the turning circle - thanks!

Offline Dom1986

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 10:37:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by strippervicar [+]
Hi. I'm in Suffolk and plan on purchasing my own S1000R in the next few weeks. Test rode one in October and haven't been able to think of anything else since. Amazing machine.

Excellent! Maybe I'll see you about some day - Suffolk has some great roads (I used to work in Sudbury).

Offline Ninja_Greg

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 06:30:16 PM »
Hi Dom, congrats on the new purchase, Im due to pick mine up this week if BMW actually delivery it this time, its only a week overdue. I bought from Cannons who were in Braintree now Witham, if you fancy going for a blast and want a companion just send a message. Greg

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor