Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated grips  (Read 2861 times)

Offline beech

• S1000R Master
  • I change tires, you buy them on the web. $40
  • Bike: S1000R, K1300S
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
Re: Heated grips
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 10:15:45 PM »
Held brand gloves made in Germany have thin palms for the heat and thicker back and fingers. A model called "Steve's" work for me in this situation. This model even has a version for folks with short fingers.

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17S1KR
  • City / Town: New England
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 10:23:04 PM »
Beech, thanks for the reference.  Held makes a quality product and I will check those out. My all season gloves are not cutting it.
17S1KR

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »
I recently purchased First Gear heated jacket liner (works great) and carbon gloves. Gloves definitely an improvement over only heated grips-haven't given the gloves extended test but they do provide heat for fingers etc.

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 03:02:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by windyrun [+]
I recently purchased First Gear heated jacket liner (works great) and carbon gloves. Gloves definitely an improvement over only heated grips-haven't given the gloves extended test but they do provide heat for fingers etc.
just my mitts are a concern.  I wear my old mil-spec Army poly pro top and bottom under my jacket and jeans. Couldnt hurt to take a peak @ First Gear and maybe update my archaic riding gear. :001:
17S1KR

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »
The gloves are heated as well. They plug into wires that can be extended from sleeves of heated jacket liner. There are others...I just liked these for protection possible from design. do wish they had palm slider of some sort though

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-12v-heated-carbon-gloves

Note: my bmw dealer had them in their store so you may want to see if yours does for an easy try on. Also, the ones I received from Revzilla had a leather material over what I assume is the carbon on back of gloves. The ones at dealer had carbon exposed.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:13:12 PM by windyrun »

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 03:16:20 PM »
The gloves are heated as well. They plug into wires that can be extended from sleeves of heated jacket liner. There are others...I just liked these for protection possible from design. do wish they had palm slider of some sort though

Note: my bmw dealer had them in their store so you may want to see if yours does for an easy try on. Also, the ones I received from Revzilla had a leather material over what I assume is the carbon on back of gloves. The ones at dealer had carbon exposed.
oh, I like those.  Thanks for the link.  The fact that there heated is an added bonus.
17S1KR

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2019, 01:20:44 PM »

Quick question!  I only want to run the gloves and dont want to cut wires on the bike.  Do I need the heat troller and can I rig it up via factory plug from there?
17S1KR

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Master
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2019, 03:01:25 PM »
You will need a Heat Troller. You won't need to cut wires on bike. 

If you have a power (coax) connector wire hanging off battery then you simply connect Troller to that and gloves to troller. If you don't have a coax wire hanging off battery you can purchase one and connect it to your battery directly (easy once seat is off which is straight forward with right torx screw driver). Revzilla sells a coax wire. First gear has one on the site (might be more).

Or you can simply get battery powered gloves (7V) though they won't last as long. Here is a sample link  to several gloves:

https://www.revzilla.com/heated-motorcycle-gloves

Offline MA413

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2019, 03:35:03 PM »
You will need a Heat Troller. You won't need to cut wires on bike. 

If you have a power (coax) connector wire hanging off battery then you simply connect Troller to that and gloves to troller. If you don't have a coax wire hanging off battery you can purchase one and connect it to your battery directly (easy once seat is off which is straight forward with right torx screw driver). Revzilla sells a coax wire. First gear has one on the site (might be more).

Or you can simply get battery powered gloves (7V) though they won't last as long. Here is a sample link  to several gloves:

https://www.revzilla.com/heated-motorcycle-gloves
I appreciate the info, thanks!
17S1KR

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor