Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Is there something wrong with my bike?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline RRickyA

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: London
Re: Is there something wrong with my bike?
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »
If you are using the super sticky rubber that the bike comes with (e.g. S20s came on mine), then 2500 miles per tyre is about right. I've done 2900 miles on mine (non track, non slow), and it'll need replaced soon. I used to run my RR on Metzler K3s and got between 800 and 2400 miles out of them, depending on how many track days were involved (no plans to take R on track). RR has been on M7s for a while, which have been excellent in all conditions (i'm in fast group on track), and I tend to get 4000 miles out of a rear (inc 2/3 track days, cos they only wear the sides!). The R was my first experience of Bridgestones, and it'll be a hard choice whether I stick with them, or switch to M7s.

As for your fuel consumption, I can make either bike do 40+ (UK mpg), so maybe it is the gear you use....

Offline okemos

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: none
  • City / Town: Palm Springs
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 05:00:47 AM »
People don't talk about this, but if you have put any carbon fiber bits on your bike, that is a sure way to reduce your gas mileage and wear out your chain. I installed a carbon rear hugger, and soon after I noticed my bike runs out of gas just sitting in the garage. After I got the tail tidy, I can't keep tires on my bike. There's a price to pay for even looking fast and furious. And don't do what I did. I replaced all the torq screws on my bike with Phillips head screws, and now the bike has absolutely no low end.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:10:29 AM by okemos »

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 08:54:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by okemos [+]
People don't talk about this, but if you have put any carbon fiber bits on your bike, that is a sure way to reduce your gas mileage and wear out your chain. I installed a carbon rear hugger, and soon after I noticed my bike runs out of gas just sitting in the garage. After I got the tail tidy, I can't keep tires on my bike. There's a price to pay for even looking fast and furious. And don't do what I did. I replaced all the torq screws on my bike with Phillips head screws, and now the bike has absolutely no low end.

Very good!  :001:

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor