Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Yeah, somebody else just joined...  (Read 474 times)

Offline boxerkuh

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R;K75;R100R
  • City / Town: Carolina's
Yeah, somebody else just joined...
« on: November 18, 2018, 11:28:26 PM »
I am not big on self introductions... but some simple things...
German born, immigrated to the USA in 1980...after much moving ended up in South Carolina. By trade I am Addiction Counselor and Mental Health Counselor and work in the Emergency room (entirely too much, but it affords me my toys).

Lets talk bikes....
In my garage currently I have two bikes...
1. 1992 BMW R100R that has over 145K on it, rebuild top end, rebuild tranny, renewed shaft, etc. Stuff that happens when you ride a lot. It is totally customized and currently once again in disarray as I am changing the rear looks to a GS. Interestingly enough it does not look or ride as anything new, it has a huge 11+ tank and the bike originally came from the UK and has 40mm Bings on it. Interesting bike.

2. 1995 BMW K75 that I bought from a friend 2 years ago with a mere 30K on. She now sports  over 50K and I have gone through her front to back, top to bottom. She is an appliance and functions so well. Nice to have a bike that requires minimal effort to keep in tip top shape

To come: 2017 BMW S1000R due to arrive I hope this week. Bought it used with only 891 miles on and I will put it through it's paces. When I test rode a 2016 model in April of this year, I knew I had to have one. The bike that makes no sense for my practically and the bike that makes me feel like I am 5 again! I am stoked to say the least.

So, since I can't leave well enough alone, I need your help to customize it appropriately. Tell me what you have done that you would do again. Bags will not go on this beautiful bike, but I am thinking a Kriega US 30 will do the trick to ride it to work.  Probably a seat motification, handlebar raiser (I ain't in my 20's or 30's, enough already)  Oh, yes I am a rounder... I am working on my 500K on BMW's.

Retired: 1986 BMW R80RS: The bike BMW should have build and didn't. I put over 215K on here before I destroyed the engine at 80+mph. And yes, I don't baby my bikes, I ride them, but give them all the maintenance that they need and then some. Two months prior I bought the K75, as if it was an omen.

Help a newbie out.... Thank you for welcoming me...

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: Yeah, somebody else just joined...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 02:22:31 AM »
 :400:. I am just up the road from you!

Offline Zig Zag

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Black Storm
  • City / Town: Virginia
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »
 :400: I am a little farther up the road from you.
I would suggest using the search function to research the mods you want to do. A lot of good info on this forum and several very knowledgeable folks as well.
I have done a lot of mods to my bike over the last three years and for me the Rhinomoto heavy barends with the CRG arrow mirrors are a must do. It really cut the vibes and moved the mirrors out where you can actually use them.
Enjoy your new bike, hope it gives you years of trouble free service.  :028:
You should remember that its peace of mind youre after and not just a fixed machine.
Robert Persig

Offline LTRRTL

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: BMW s1000R red
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »
 :400: Thats exactly why I ride. Put my helmet on, and giggle like a 5 year old  :047:
😝

Offline Hooligan

• S1000R Pro
  • any day on 2 wheels is a good day
  • Bike: 18 S1KR sport
  • City / Town: Montreal
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
 :400: Enjoy your new ride. Mine makes me smile from ear to ear every time I get on it !

Recent Posts/Topics