Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Squeak from the front disk area  (Read 509 times)

Offline Alan

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
Squeak from the front disk area
« on: November 16, 2018, 05:13:20 PM »
When pushing the bike around the garage or setting off slowly I noticed an annoying squeak from the front disk area.  I finally got around to put it up on the front stand so I could locate the problem.  It is the front ABS sensor.  There is a small gap between the sensor and the ABS ring of about 2mm, but at one point the sensor touches the ring which is causing the squeak.  It can't be good for the sensor so when the weather warms up in March and I get the bike on the road I think a trip to the dealers for a warranty claim will be in order.

Offline beech

• S1000R Master
  • I change tires, you buy them on the web. $50
  • Bike: S1000R, K1300S
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
Re: Squeak from the front disk area
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 05:48:07 AM »
Either your ring is bent or the wheel bearings are shot. I have my money on the ring. Someone changing tires got it. You could save yourself a trip to the shop and mark the spot, give it a little shove.  :005: Should be 1 to 1.5mm from sensor. The absolute spec is in the DVD. If it turns out to be bent and you suspect your last tire change, let them know. Denial will be coming but they know.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 05:53:55 AM by beech »

Offline Alan

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: BRISTOL
Re: Squeak from the front disk area
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
Yes I suspect the ABS ring.  The front tyre is original as the bike has only done 4000 miles so I don't think it has been caused by a tyre fitter.  The bike was purchased as an approved used BMW from a BMW main dealer, so I hope it would be covered under warranty.  I will also have another warranty claim for the horn bracket which has snapped so I will see about both when I take it in next spring.  I don't ride through winter.

Recent Posts/Topics