Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Standard Levers or Evotech  (Read 589 times)

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
Standard Levers or Evotech
« on: November 16, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »
Hi - first some advice and a call out

I have a 2016 S1000R sport

I'm looking for the standard levers if anyone has a pair (or Evotechs)

Any advice on what will fit across the BM R/RR/XR range ? I bought some Titax levers second hand but I got duped by the seller - they're from the RR (earlier model I suspect) and the Brake lever is different (was too late by the time I realised a year later when it came to looking at fitting them). 

So hit me up if you have any 16 standard or Evo brake and clutch levers !  Cheers
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:10:52 AM by nrthrnbkr »

Offline CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
Re: Standard Levers or Evotech
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 05:15:32 PM »
I have a 2012 RR and the levers interchange fine. I have chinese levers though
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 11:34:49 AM »
Cheers ! Looks like I might look at a 2018 so need to swap out the HP levers on the 16 - still lookin for a standard set - cheers

Offline frank3

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2018 s1000r
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
I finally settled on a particular set of Chinese levers after some time of trial and error.  I got my levers changed because i wanted shorter levers (not too short but somewhere inbetween long and short) because i had replaced the bar ends with shorter ones so my oem levers were sticking out.
I have not used Evotech but if you have QS be sure to get certainty these will not cause you a problem.  I found the biggest problem i had were not all levers specific to this bike were manufactured with the same specs, which resulted in the striker rod not engaging the micro switch.
If you decide to buy Chinese then buy the ones that have the model number painted and not etched in.  These were a perfect fit.

Offline CrazyBiker

• S1000R Master
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 01:39:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by frank3 [+]
I finally settled on a particular set of Chinese levers after some time of trial and error.  I got my levers changed because i wanted shorter levers (not too short but somewhere inbetween long and short) because i had replaced the bar ends with shorter ones so my oem levers were sticking out.
I have not used Evotech but if you have QS be sure to get certainty these will not cause you a problem.  I found the biggest problem i had were not all levers specific to this bike were manufactured with the same specs, which resulted in the striker rod not engaging the micro switch.
If you decide to buy Chinese then buy the ones that have the model number painted and not etched in.  These were a perfect fit.

Links for comparisons between the chinese levers?
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline frank3

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2018 s1000r
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 03:03:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by CrazyBiker [+]
Links for comparisons between the chinese levers?
I bought all mine from ebay.
As an example here is a link of the type that will likely cause you problems with the micro switch for you QS.  You will see that the lever model number is etch on the lever.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorcycle-CNC-Red-Foldable-Brake-Clutch-Levers-for-BMW-S1000R-2014-2016-New/222498354562?hash=item33cdef7582:g:1w0AAOSwjqVZCkp9:rk:10:pf:0

Here is a link of the lever that has the model number written on in white.  Does not matter which supplier sells it to you as long as it is this model.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Short-Brake-Clutch-Lever-For-BMW-S1000RR-S1000R-15-18-F-22-B-22H-BK-BS4/253916754063?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 09:37:28 PM »
Thanks all - bought Evotechs in the end - quality fit and no issues with micro-switches - had to pay out a little but I kept my HP levers which was the aim !

Recent Posts/Topics