Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Belgian Force! 🇧🇪  (Read 442 times)

Offline Detail Magnifique

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R - Frozen
  • City / Town: Antwerp
Belgian Force! 🇧🇪
« on: November 15, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »
Hi folks,

Introducing myself isnt all that great, but leaving in Belgium we are now enjoying cold weather, so no riding these days.

Born in 1981 and riding bikes since 2003 makes me having some experience and a baseline to compare.
Started of with a couple of Fireblades and R1s, my fysical condition forced me towards sports-touring couple of years back.
Enjoyed some Yamaha FZS1000 and a Kawasaki Z1000SX.

Now landed in the BMW Motorrad-scene after years of enjoying and loving BMW cars.

My S1000R is a 2014 model in Frozen Blue with 11.500km on it, maintained to perfection and loved by the previous (first) owner.

Since I love the looks, but hate stock, it will be further customised in the next months, already did some changes previously.

Cheers, Filip.

Offline podders

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
Re: Belgian Force! 🇧🇪
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 04:10:21 PM »
Welcome Filip, love your beer and the legendary Spa circuit, managed to enjoy both this year at the Bikers Classic, some greta roads around there to enjoy your/any bike on, im very jealous..

Offline Clem0206

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r17
  • City / Town: Westward Ho!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 07:14:10 PM »
 :400:

Offline lospsi

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:17:36 AM »
Welcome!
I'm interested in your thoughts regarding the Z1000SX and how it compares to the S1000R (handling, ergonomics, wind protection).
S1000R red
Faster than I can handle...

Offline LTRRTL

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: BMW s1000R red
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 12:41:05 PM »
 :400: Enjoy the bike  :001:
😝

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by podders [+]
Welcome Filip, love your beer and the legendary Spa circuit, managed to enjoy both this year at the Bikers Classic, some greta roads around there to enjoy your/any bike on, im very jealous..

Hi mate, do not like the bears but you are wright on the other stuff.
Feel free to contact me when you are in Belgium again, always place for a tent and a shower.

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 03:26:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by lospsi [+]
Welcome!
I'm interested in your thoughts regarding the Z1000SX and how it compares to the S1000R (handling, ergonomics, wind protection).
Handling the BMW feels much more flexible, lighter.
Ergonomics more or less the same, I need to adapt to the Bmw on less feeling the fueltank, which is much wider and higher on the Kawa.
Wind protection the Z has 3 positions for windscreen, tried them all, only drove in middle stond 99% of the time, still getting some fresh wind and the looks are sportier. The highest stand in great for highway, which I hate so avoid anyways.

Also an advise on the cases, I had the 2014 tourer version.
Having topcase on the fazer was great, easy acces, good overview on the content.
The sides from the Kawa were terrible, had the innerbags as well, when you open the left side, there is less room, bike on his side stand. You open and all fell out, hated it. Though the looks with and without were perfect.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor