Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: OEM oil filter versus aftermarket ones  (Read 2345 times)

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: OEM oil filter versus aftermarket ones
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 08:38:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Toolman [+]
Bit of change of tack, but I was very surprised when on a Ducati factory tour earlier this year the guide informed us that only 2 items were made by Ducati themselves, One was the crankshaft, I think the other was cams, but don't quote me. That certainly bears out your post rick_lee.

Almost all automotive manufacturing is supply chain based - as suggested, find the source and youre fine - the big issue is cheap or unreliable pattern copies, or worse still fake brands (Brembo have fallen victim to this quite badly)

Offline beech

• S1000R Master
  • I change tires, you buy them on the web. $50
  • Bike: S1000R, K1300S
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 05:44:20 AM »
Here is Germany Amazon. but there must be others. This is OEM BMW filter by the original manufacturer.
https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mahle+Oc619+filter

Offline coldsoda

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • City / Town: Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 05:33:24 AM »
the BMW OEM filter is made by MAHLE and is available on amazon here in the US for $9.69 (prime). Ive ordered a few now from there, prior to that I got them from the dealer only to find out these are exactly the same items... Amazon FTW!

MAHLE Original OC 619 Oil Filter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068NR1SW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Recent Posts/Topics