Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Will the Yoshimura Alpha-T for 17/18 S1000RR fit on the 17/18 S1000R?  (Read 1416 times)

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R 2018
  • City / Town: Metro Manila
Re: Will the Yoshimura Alpha-T for 17/18 S1000RR fit on the 17/18 S1000R?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by stever1 [+]
Hello.
The bore sizes are all the same. Both pipes are the same length on the single R link pipe. But the double R link pipe has a longer small bore pipe.
This is why you need to remove the bracket as it will foul on it. Hope this helps.
By bracket you mean? The clamp? Could you please post a close up picture?

Offline stever1

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: s1000r sport
  • City / Town: scotland
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 08:27:52 PM »
Hello.
Sorry that I confused you with my poor description, I will get some images for you. It will take a few days as my bike is not at my home.  But let me try to explain a bit better. I have removed this small bracket on my own bike as I use a double r link pipe. You still use the exhaust clamps on the large and small pipes as normal.
If you removed your own end can you are left with the two stubby pipes from the silencer/cat box.
On the large bore pipe a bracket supports the exhaust valve assembly.
On the small bore pipe you will see the bracket is welded to the pipe just as it exits the silencer/cat box and does nothing. This is the bracket I removed to allow for the longer small pipe of the double r link pipe to fit. Hope this helps.

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

• S1000R Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 10:52:52 AM »
Hello.
Sorry that I confused you with my poor description, I will get some images for you. It will take a few days as my bike is not at my home.  But let me try to explain a bit better. I have removed this small bracket on my own bike as I use a double r link pipe. You still use the exhaust clamps on the large and small pipes as normal.
If you removed your own end can you are left with the two stubby pipes from the silencer/cat box.
On the large bore pipe a bracket supports the exhaust valve assembly.
On the small bore pipe you will see the bracket is welded to the pipe just as it exits the silencer/cat box and does nothing. This is the bracket I removed to allow for the longer small pipe of the double r link pipe to fit. Hope this helps.
Thank you Stever1! So it will fit, the small bore link pipe is just longer and will remove the useless bracket on the headers side.

One last question please if I may: How about the hanger on the RR end can/slip-on? Do you have to detach and reattach to a lower location? On pics on RR, the hanget seems higher right at the back of the pillion peg; on R pics the hanger is not on the pillion peg and is lower? Am I correct?

Cheers

Offline stever1

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: s1000r sport
  • City / Town: scotland
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 07:38:36 PM »
Happy to help.

Yes you are right the double R has a different fixing bracket position on to the rear sub frame for the end can. I was able to check with a  standard 2018 double R end can to find the differences.
My own exhaust does not use any fixings to the sub frame as it is a stubby can.
You can make up a custom bracket/strap for the end can to suit your exhaust.
Please take and post some images of the completed project.

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

• S1000R Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 11:55:29 AM »
Happy to help.

Yes you are right the double R has a different fixing bracket position on to the rear sub frame for the end can. I was able to check with a  standard 2018 double R end can to find the differences.
My own exhaust does not use any fixings to the sub frame as it is a stubby can.
You can make up a custom bracket/strap for the end can to suit your exhaust.
Please take and post some images of the completed project.
Thanks again Stever1. Cheers

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

• S1000R Member
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 12:55:03 AM »
Hello.
I use a double r exhaust link pipe on my 2018 s1000r.
The singe and double r models have the same bore size on both the smaller and larger pipes.
But the double r smaller pipe is longer and will foul on the small bracket welded on the smaller pipe.

What I did was to remove the bracket and smooth down both of the welds.
It looks good without the small bracket.

Hi Stever1. Actually bought a Yoshimura Alpha T for 2017 RR, tried installing it, and the big pipe coming out of the link pipe provided doesn't fit on the big pipe coming out of my Akra headers.

How did you fit yours? Also any pictures (if you have already) would help a lot.

Cheers

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

• S1000R Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 06:43:39 AM »
For everybody’s information, the Yoshimura Alpha T for RR 17 wouldn’t fit on the R headers, unless you tweak the midlink pipes. The big pipe needs to be enlarged a tiny bit, and the small pipe needs to be shortened by cutting (remove a portion of middle part) and weld back the end/tip. Need also a bigger clamp for this smaller pipe. That’s it.

The Yoshi Alpha T (with Akra catless stainless steel headers) compared to Akra GP slipon is equally loud but not obnoxious as it has a deeper sound and without the tinny like obnoxious frequency. Highly recommended. Vs. the stock Akra slipon with no baffle, Yoshi is much louder but sort of same sound signature.

Cheers to all
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:46:20 AM by BmwHarleyTriumph »

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 08:57:14 AM »
I tried a late RR Arrow end can on the 2018 R - does not fit - even though the bikes look similar, the headers and cat position on the R are different as is the exhaust hanger. As mentioned above, the two connecting pipes are different not only in length but also in how far they fit onto the 2 exit pipes on the cat. If the end can has an integrated hanger bracket , you'll also find that this is in completely the wrong place for the R. You could make it fit but it's a load of mither and grief and you'd need to grind some of the fittings on the Cat too. And once fitted it might not actually look as though the can is in the right position.

I went through this when buying a can advertised for the R but the seller had just assumed the RR and R were the same bike essentially. He was kind enough to let me do a trial fitting.  I was a bit gutted as it was a nice can at a great price !   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:02:40 AM by nrthrnbkr »

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

• S1000R Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by nrthrnbkr [+]
I tried a late RR Arrow end can on the 2018 R - does not fit - even though the bikes look similar, the headers and cat position on the R are different as is the exhaust hanger. As mentioned above, the two connecting pipes are different not only in length but also in how far they fit onto the 2 exit pipes on the cat. If the end can has an integrated hanger bracket , you'll also find that this is in completely the wrong place for the R. You could make it fit but it's a load of mither and grief and you'd need to grind some of the fittings on the Cat too. And once fitted it might not actually look as though the can is in the right position.

I went through this when buying a can advertised for the R but the seller had just assumed the RR and R were the same bike essentially. He was kind enough to let me do a trial fitting.  I was a bit gutted as it was a nice can at a great price !
Oh yes forgot to mention. Also used a hanger for the RR, otherwise the angle will be wrong and you wont be able to insert the link pipes

Offline BmwHarleyTriumph

• S1000R Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 11:56:34 AM »
You could also just replace the R footpeg brackets with RR footpeg brackets. Very cheap in Aliexpress

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor