Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: crash 68 plate s1000r sport harwarden cheshire  (Read 2139 times)

Online podders

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
Re: crash 68 plate s1000r sport harwarden cheshire
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 10:17:30 PM »
Point of reference for us, who are you insured
With OP? Its always useful to know who to avoid...Carole Nash replace with a new vehicle if its written off within 6 months of purchase I believe, will have to double check that..

Offline Wanderer

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R 2017
  • City / Town: Hamilton NZ
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 11:02:12 AM »
I feel for you, that all really sux... Insurance companies are necessary assholes, one day old, 54 miles, and they take depreciation and shaft you all the way, Hmmmmm, a bullet or two needed me thinks, they are really quick to take our hard earned money, I HATE with a passion... Good luck mate.

Offline brookster69

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: s1000r sport
  • City / Town: wirral
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 03:10:51 PM »
So current insurance with MCE, when I changed bike over mid term to my new one it cost an addtional 170, same bike just newer. then after my accident I rang to notify about what had happened, they asked where the bike was and I told them the police had had it removed by 24/7 recovery, I didnt have a say in that, as I was in an ambulance on my way to Countess of Chester hospital.The paramedic and ambulance crew were 1st class. so I then get a call from MCE designated repair shop called Plantec, on the monday after the crash to say they would arrange collection, inspection, repair etc, and deliver me a 125cc hire bike at the same time . I told them I couldnt ride a bike for at least 8 weeks maybe more, by which time we would be into winter months and very unlikely to be out on bike then anyway, he said the hire bike was included in my policy and I could put it in ther garage incase I felt better sooner, no thank you. they kicked the deal back to MCE, the girl from MCE rang me to tell me this, so I asked if i could have it reovered from 24/7 to the BMW  dealership/workshop 3 miles away for assessment.she said as Plantec had knocked it back (because they wouldnt get a fee for 125cc hire bike so not cost effective) then I could BUT as BMW are not their approved repair shop there would be a 300 excess, plus an engineers fee of 350 day rate to travel to the BMW dealer to inspect,on top of this the recovery and storage fee for 24/7 was 244 and my claim excess was 600 compulsary and 250 voluntary, so at this stage I was looking at 1744 uninsured loss. I then said I had helmet and leathers cover, she said yes up to 750, but it had a 250 excess, and it wasnt valid within the first 7 days of a new policy. WTF the helmet alone was an arai rx7 gp over 700 new.
the claim is with the solicitors who told me not to expect any news for up to 3 months from the other side.but the uninsured loss was part of my claim (less their 25%)
The claim for the bike I have put through my own fully comp with MCE, who told me if they recover 100% of their costs it wont affect my protected NCB,, it was eventually collected by Copart ,I paid 24/7 to get it released, and is now a cat b write off. still waiting for an offer from insurance, its been 4 weeks since my accident, everyones gone quiet ?on a plus note my 5th hospital visit today, and they took the pins out of my right hand and changed the cast, so should be a lot better in 8 weeks, lol

Offline MarketSquareHero

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 04:32:29 PM »
Have my enduro insured with MCE even though I'd read some dodgy reviews beforehand.
May look elsewhere when it's renewal time.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

Online podders

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 09:16:14 PM »
...That kinda adds to the negativity ive read online about MCE, be persistent and hang in there mate, good news re your recovery, please keep us posted on how it all goes.

Offline brookster69

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
So MCE insurance  team rang today, offered a full and final settlement figure of 11150.00 less the excess 850.00, net 10300.00. for a bike 24 hours old and costing 13595.00., my response was not printable sorry, basically refused the amount, so its gone to their disputes team, they now have as  they have advised me, up to 8 weeks to respond. if I am not happy with the response I can at that point  contact the financial ombudsman for their review. they told me they took the valuation as retail from caps and glasses guide,but guess what,  it doesnt show in either as its too new ??

Offline RRickyA

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
F**********K! My sales guy would not stop banging on about gap insurance when I bought my bike, but I declined it. I was pretty sure that I was covered for brand new replacement for the first few months. I don't touch MCE insurance because of what I feel are unreasonable excesses... but that valuation is pretty amazing. I assume, since you haven't mentioned it, that you aren't riding a hire bike in the interim - does your cover allow you a hire bike? That would cost several hundred per week, so might accelerate an improved offer.

Offline brookster69

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »
Didn't get the hire bike as I can't ride one for some time yet, had the ligaments for thumb re attached , fractured scapula, fractured tibia, fractured knee, back in for scans this week. I asked the guy at mce to email me details of the dealership that can supply a BMW s1000r sport in Motorsport colours on a 68 plate with sub100 miles tor for 11150 , am still waiting for his reply, I then asked if the offer meant I keep the salvage . He said its cat b so I can't keep it. However it will appear on cop arts auction site soon as a cat b, but you need certain conditions to bid

Online podders

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 08:55:44 PM »
[quote author=brookster69 link=topic=7766.msg83827#msg83827 date=153840879.... if I am not happy with the response I can at that point  contact the financial ombudsman for their review. ...
[/quote]

IF it comes to it, do just that, just writing to Swinton's and cc'ing in the ombudsman soon had them paying a bit more attention and certainly helped to quickly resolve my compliant.

Offline brookster69

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 04:13:05 PM »

on a different note, this was a naked s1000rr that I modified and painted ,
I built a frame to hold the single headlight conversion and retain the ram air,  and painted it in
pearl white and mystic blue similar to the hp, painted the wheels and fitted a complete akrapovic system,absolutely mental naked RR.

Recent Posts/Topics