Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BMW F800 GSA vs Triumph Tiger 800 XCA?  (Read 482 times)

Offline ParkingLotRossi

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 17 BMW S1000R
BMW F800 GSA vs Triumph Tiger 800 XCA?
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:43:49 PM »
Hey guys, I've been thinking about the next bike (like we all do right?) and I've been really thinking about the adv style bikes, especially the two mentioned in the title. I personally think the Triumph looks better and the idea of getting back on a triple again is appealing (the street was a great bike) and it has more features (heated seats! TFT) but the looks of the BMW are definitely growing on me and lets not forget BMWs great warranty (3 yrs, the best in the Motorcycle biz) plus I have a great dealership for service etc.. plus from reviews, it sounds like the GSA will be more capable off road.

What would you guys choose? Have you guys thought about these bikes? Any owners of either bike care to chime in?

Offline VARRAKK

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R '18
  • City / Town: Malm
Re: BMW F800 GSA vs Triumph Tiger 800 XCA?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 12:53:19 PM »
Usage?

Off-Road, the BMW will be best option.
Road touring, the Tiger will be more entertaining.

Fuel Economy, BMW > Triumph. Those triples are thirsty.

Offline ParkingLotRossi

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 17 BMW S1000R
Re: BMW F800 GSA vs Triumph Tiger 800 XCA?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:06:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by VARRAKK [+]
Usage?

Off-Road, the BMW will be best option.
Road touring, the Tiger will be more entertaining.

Fuel Economy, BMW > Triumph. Those triples are thirsty.

I admit, I would probably mainly use it on pavement (so the fuel economy of the BMW is another plus) but there are some roads around here w/some dirt/gravel roads I wouldn't mind riding on... I would not do anything real hardcore off road, thats what my Suzuki Samurai is for.

Is the economy of the Tiger that bad for touring?

Recent Posts/Topics