Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?  (Read 1715 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DeltaHotel

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Country: us
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R
  • City / Town: NC, USA
Re: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
Very helpful link, interesting read, thanks for sharing that SimonUK...

*Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]

Offline DeltaHotel

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 29
  • Country: us
  • Bike: 2018 S1000R
  • City / Town: NC, USA
Re: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 04:58:06 PM »
Thanks for this suggestion S1rdek... I will definitely give that idea a try this week, and report back if any success.

*Originally Posted by S1rdek [+]
This has been discussed a few times. One of the causes can be the clutch cable routing. I removed the clamp on the yoke securing the cable over 2 years ago & it has tracked straight ever since.

Offline GDCobra

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 342
  • Country: england
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Preston
Re: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 08:07:01 PM »
 Mine tracks heavily to the right but I've always put this me dressing to that side.

Offline CrazyBiker

  • S1000R Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 531
  • Country: us
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
Re: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by S1rdek [+]
This has been discussed a few times. One of the causes can be the clutch cable routing. I removed the clamp on the yoke securing the cable over 2 years ago & it has tracked straight ever since.

Another forum guy confirmed this in his video review

https://www.s1000r.co.uk/index.php/topic,7631.msg82417.html#msg82417
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline stanksbeamen

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 95
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Honolulu
Re: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 06:09:29 AM »
My 17 drifts right as well, let us know how it goes removing that clutch cable piece.
2017 S1000R
1997 E36 M3

Offline windyrun

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 486
  • Country: us
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
Re: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »
Its official-the bike's engine is located slightly to the right which causes the bike to drift right. At least on the RR and I believe the '17 R is the same frame and thus engine position as the RR at this point. The person being interviewed is the project manager from BMW.


Skip to 5:30 for the part when BMW product manager talks about how engine was moved slightly to the left ....

Bike sounds really awesome. I may need to get one - in red.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 07:14:04 PM by windyrun »

Offline andrewbrandon19

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 272
  • Country: us
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Yorktown, VA
Re: Hand off bars (cruise) - tracking straight or drifts to side?
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 08:09:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by windyrun [+]
Its official-the bike's engine is located slightly to the right which causes the bike to drift right. At least on the RR and I believe the '17 R is the same frame and thus engine position as the RR at this point. The person being interviewed is the project manager from BMW.


Skip to 5:30 for the part when BMW product manager talks about how engine was moved slightly to the left ....

Bike sounds really awesome. I may need to get one - in red.
I'm not sure that's quite the smoking gun as the engine they moved 5mm to the left is a new engine with components in completely different locations compared to the old engine.  Components in new locations mean the weight balance can be thrown off
2015 BMW S1000R  -  The DD
2014 Toyota Taco  -  The "its raining" or "its under 30F out"
2013 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster SOLD
2006 Pontiac GTO  SOLD
1995 Pontiac Firebird  SOLD

 


Recent Posts/Topics