Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig Levers + Hitting high beam switch  (Read 429 times)

Offline MeloS1000r

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R 2017
  • City / Town: Coimbra
Puig Levers + Hitting high beam switch
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:27:33 AM »
Hey guys, just installed a set of Puig Levers.

I like the overall quality, but on the clutch side the are a couple of problems.

First if you set the lever adjustment to 1, it wont activate the second microswitch (the fully activated clutch), Ok, nothing serious, just set it to 2+.

Second, if you set the lever to anything over 3, the adjuster will hit the high beam switch or the module itself.

I lowered the angle of the whole lever, but would like to know if the "switches" can be rotated? I think they dont, because of the bolt going trough the handlebar..

Offline SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: Puig Levers + Hitting high beam switch
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 11:26:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by MeloS1000r [+]
I think they dont, because of the bolt going trough the handlebar..

Correct, switch housing cannot be moved(unless you drill a new hole, but that would require a fairly large movement to avoid making 1 big hole).

Offline CrazyBiker

• S1000R Pro
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR, FZ1
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
Re: Puig Levers + Hitting high beam switch
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:25:25 AM »
Looks like Puig levers will have limited adjustments. My cheap $28 ebay levers have no such problems
2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor