Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Some fluid leaking from a cover  (Read 304 times)

Offline cycler

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: New York
Some fluid leaking from a cover
« on: August 13, 2018, 03:41:21 AM »
Here is a pic of a Trex cover on the bike. The cover is located to the right and above of the water pump. See the bottom right bolt area and bottom left bolt area? I have fluid leaking from those 2 bolt areas. And its spraying on the hose leading to the water pump, on the right outer water pump cover that has a trex protector and on the lower trex oil cover. The bolts are torqued to spec. However i did have to remove the trex cover twice before and i also remover the bolts originally to install the cover and some fluid seeped out. I checked the micro fiche and saw that there was a gasket for the oil cover. Both covers were on the same page on the micro fiche but I didnt see a gasket for the cover that is leaking. I think its the cam cover? There was no name for the cover on the micro fiche either.

Is there a gasket that goes behind my leaking cover which i need to replace? Or is there silicone gasket sealer that i would need to scrape off and replace?
2016 BMW S1000RR
2016 Ducati 1299 Panigale
2015 BMW S1000R
2011 Superglide custom. 107 build
2010 Streetglide 117 build

Recent Posts/Topics