Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: textile jacket cleaner-Nikwax Tech Wash/TX Direct  (Read 444 times)

Online windyrun

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
textile jacket cleaner-Nikwax Tech Wash/TX Direct
« on: August 06, 2018, 12:46:40 PM »
Just watched a funny youtube video (missenden flyer) about how to clean textile jackets etc. One commenter suggested using a special cleaner that does not adversely affect coatings on textile. One mentioned is Nikwax Tech Wash/TX Direct.

Anyone use these and have feedback on their satisifaction?    :084:

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
Re: textile jacket cleaner-Nikwax Tech Wash/TX Direct
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 01:09:30 PM »
Ive used the Nikwax stuff for several years and it works well if you follow the instructions. If your gear is quite dirty, it may require a couple of washes before re-proofing as the Tech Wash isnt as strong as the biological detergents that we normally use. I was just thinking about cleaning my textile gear as it is starting to develop a noticeable fragrance...

Online windyrun

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
Thanks for feedback on your experience with it. I too think it may be time to do some laundry  :038:

P.S. You might want to watch the video. He's from your part of the world.

Offline zombie

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Oromocto
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »
Whether you're from the same part of the world as TMF or not, you should be watching all of his videos... 

He's just a enjoyable guy to watch, he and BVG/44Teeth are essential channels if you're into motorbikes, IMO.

Offline StandrewsX

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »
Yes the "Flyer" is one of the more intelligent vloggers and his vids are mostly entertaining. He certainly gives a lot of time and effort to his hobby (3 vids a week) and the occasional live stream and never claims to be a riding god. I normally can't abide the crap that most "self serving" vloggers think amusing, reviewing bikes by riding them around the block a couple of times (who hoo).

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »
I've used the Nikwax products for years and years.  Tech wash does an excellent job of cleaning without adversely affecting the textile's waterproofness or breathability.  Both traits can be severely compromised from typical laundry detergent.

Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »
OK, so I watched the video and I have to say I would not wash my textile gear with normal detergent for the reasons Miles mentioned. I would make sure the washing machine is detergent-free by removing any residue from the soap drawer and running a very hot wash cycle (90C) through the machine to flush it through before putting my gear in it. I also run a hot wash after cleaning / proofing with Nikwax so its ready for regular washing again.

Recent Posts/Topics