Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Flimsy Indicator / Turn signal switch  (Read 589 times)

Offline B-Track

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
Flimsy Indicator / Turn signal switch
« on: July 19, 2018, 05:02:38 PM »
Hi all,

Please forgive me if this has been answered already.  I tried to find info using the search but didn't come up with any.

Is the turn signal / inidicator switch flimsy?  I'd assume not compared to the rest of the switch gear but mine feels like you could flick it off.  Imagine a bobble head without the spring.  It works as far as turning the indicators on (left and right) and off (pushed in) but the switch itself provides very little feedback and is very 'light' to touch (so to speak)

Never having even test ridden the S1kR before buying mine, I have nothing to compare it to, hence me asking here.  Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline nrthrnbkr

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Flimsy Indicator / Turn signal switch
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:39:04 PM »
Yep its wooden - Ive even managed to flick it the wrong way or have caught it switching off and put the other indicator on ! Self cancels which is useful/irritating (leaving motorways etc) - very little feedback as you say but seems robust enough.

Offline B-Track

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
Re: Flimsy Indicator / Turn signal switch
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 04:08:02 AM »
does it self cancel??  don't think I've experienced that yet!  I'll test it out and see if my model does the same.

thanks for the info re indicator switch.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor