Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: A pretty in depth article on riding gear.  (Read 2142 times)

Offline rockdog32

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R,CB900
  • City / Town: Brisbane QLD.
A pretty in depth article on riding gear.
« on: June 28, 2014, 01:12:10 AM »

Offline Lob

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Zurich
Re: A pretty in depth article on riding gear.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »
a less social URL: http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-motorcycle-sa-1596858706

The very act of riding without motorcycle gear is so ridiculous that it serves to demonstrate a total lack of comprehension about what it's like to operate a bike with skill, what it's like to spend a lifetime on two wheels, the effect weather has on the human body and even compromises their ability to control and operate the motorcycle itself.

I call BS.  It's about a personal risk assessment.  I go into town very often with just gloves and lid but if I'm going further and faster, I'll add boots and jacket at least.

Mods: Wunderlich risers, touring screen | Evotech rad protector and tail tidy | micro Rhombus DF Dark black RR rear blinker replacements

Offline MadRussian

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 10:46:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Lob [+]

I call BS.  It's about a personal risk assessment.  I go into town very often with just gloves and lid but if I'm going further and faster, I'll add boots and jacket at least.

They say majority of accidents happen within 5 miles of your house.

I wear full leathers, boots, gloves, helmet AND back protector.or I don't ride.
I had my share of accidents and learned the hard way.
My anger management class really pisses me off.

Offline kev hall2

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:37:00 PM »
Each to their own. if you want to ride in a T shirt and jeans then that's fine if you don't mind the additional risk. You can wear the best stuff going but ride outside your capabilities too often and none of it will help with massive sudden deceleration (which you rarely get on a track with the run off areas).

Offline wallmon

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R S1000XR
  • City / Town: Sin City, NV
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 10:31:49 PM »
I don't always wear ATGATT but the images of bodies with the skin pealed off freaks me out :005:

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor