Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2017 won't start  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Matt

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Sydney
Re: 2017 won't start
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »
I have had this issue for a while now (about 10k km) and the dealership has tried multiple fixes, heat shield, software update and the latest a new "updated" fuel pump. They were able to replicate the issue during my last visit and said the fuel pressure was extremely high and preventing the bike from starting.

Below are the part numbers for the new fuel pump. This seems to have fixed the issue for me, hopefully it is a permanent fix this time.

Offline logularjason

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 17 s1kr sport
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2019, 01:47:26 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Yesterday, I got the following from a support person at Melbourne BMW:

There has been a software update for the 2017 S1000r fuelling system and we can perform that.  It would be the best way to start with as the new software can we are able to see the information presented on the issue.  Iv had a case a few weeks ago of where we performed the software update on the system and the issue has not presented itself again.

So, I'll take the bike in to see how it goes.  Will also mention that the part numbers above fixed the issue - so may be hardware not software.

Offline Donzrx

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: The Gong
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2019, 04:18:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by logularjason [+]
Thanks for the info.

Yesterday, I got the following from a support person at Melbourne BMW:

So, I'll take the bike in to see how it goes.  Will also mention that the part numbers above fixed the issue - so may be hardware not software.

Hi guys, have a 2017 S1000RR and just experienced this same issue.  My dealer (in Wollongong) is unaware of it so am trying to find someone in the know who can help.  Do you have a contact for one of the BMW service staff that I could talk to?
Thanks
Don

Recent Posts/Topics