Author Topic: Setting Preload on DDC *Issues*  (Read 14771 times)

Offline Lindz

• S1000R Junior
Re: Setting Preload on DDC *Issues*
Reply #50 on: July 24, 2020, 12:18:50 PM
The reason I ask is I’m a bigger guy and have found the suspension quite “wollowy” in certain circumstances so I decided to make some preload adjustments (max preload) to improve the sag. This resulted in a very harsh feeling (much more than with no preload). I couldn’t understand how preload could have this effect as it felt like more high speed compression damping and though it may be the ddc getting confused because the engine and ignition were off for the adjustment and only turned on for the measurement.

Offline psenior1

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Ash
Reply #51 on: July 24, 2020, 12:25:45 PM
Just checked the manual and it states to have the engine started for preload adjustment, but I think that's because your measuring the sag as part of it.
Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:28:56 PM by psenior1

Offline Lindz

• S1000R Junior
Reply #52 on: July 24, 2020, 12:31:58 PM
*Originally Posted by psenior1 [+]
Just checked the manual and it states to have the engine started for preload adjustment, but I think that's because your measuring the sag as part of it.

When I checked the manual I read it as having the engine on for checking the sag, but it’s not very clear. It wasn’t until the result of the preload adjustment didn’t make a lot of sense (making the ride feel hard and harsh over bumps) that I started rethinking whether the procedure that I used was correct.