Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Just had suspension set up - Average Results  (Read 2029 times)

Offline accident

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: midlands
Re: Just had suspension set up - Average Results
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 08:35:20 PM »
you have paid someone to set it up FOR YOU!
go back and tell em you are not happy with it and that they need to sort it out.
seriously you have paid for a service and they hant provided it.
they made your bike hard and unpleasant.

Offline Noggie

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Stavanger
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 07:20:07 PM »
There really is not much you can do to a DDC bike.
It's preload, and thats it.
If they set it up for you then that is pretty much all that can be done

Check that you haven't accidentally activated the "two helmet" passenger setting, then the bike becomes very hard (read the manual).

IF you start playing with the preload, make sure you figure out where the shop set it so that you can get it back to that setting if what you do don't work out.

Offline Jon_Dong

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r (16)
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 07:39:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Noggie [+]
There really is not much you can do to a DDC bike.
It's preload, and thats it.
If they set it up for you then that is pretty much all that can be done

Check that you haven't accidentally activated the "two helmet" passenger setting, then the bike becomes very hard (read the manual).

IF you start playing with the preload, make sure you figure out where the shop set it so that you can get it back to that setting if what you do don't work out.

To be honest, I think he had limited experience working on DDC suspension. I mentioned the 6-10mm front sage and 20-24mm rear sag and he looked at me like I had two heads. I am presuming that he just tried to set it up like he would a manual suspension bike so i'm holding out hope I can actually sort it out.

Offline SwiftTone

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: Ducati SFs
  • City / Town: Bosstown, MA
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 07:29:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jon_Dong [+]
To be honest, I think he had limited experience working on DDC suspension. I mentioned the 6-10mm front sage and 20-24mm rear sag and he looked at me like I had two heads. I am presuming that he just tried to set it up like he would a manual suspension bike so i'm holding out hope I can actually sort it out.

sag is the same on DDC and conventional suspension. If he has no idea how to set sag then he has no idea about suspension.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor