Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TWM Foldable Levers  (Read 1228 times)

Offline RideRedWA

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2016 S1000R
  • City / Town: Seattle, WA
TWM Foldable Levers
« on: May 18, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
I have sold my R and have a few parts left over with very little use. All of these parts were used for less than 700 miles. All prices include shipping in lower 48 USA.

TWM Foldable Levers $150 OBO  - Same as the Brembo levers!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:30:23 AM by RideRedWA »

Offline RideRedWA

• S1000R Junior
Re: Parts for Sale - Ohlins, TWM Levers
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »
Bar ends sold and removed from list.

Offline steved

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: Pomona
Re: Parts for Sale - Ohlins damper, TWM Levers
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 03:57:45 AM »
Hi there,

I was getting ready to order the same damper on Revzilla. The damper is $395 but comes out to $375 with the Revzilla cash I have and free shipping. I'm not sure it is worth the risk at $295.00 to save just $75.00 over a new damper. If anything is missing such as mounting hardware or anything is not as it should be I at least have options with the new one.

I was wondering if you would take $200.00 delivered to Los Angeles. Don't mean to be too cheap but seems like a fair deal for a used damper but obviously that's your call.

Let me know and enjoy your long weekend,

Offline RideRedWA

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 06:03:17 AM »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the offer but I will pass. I have all all the parts and its in perfect shape. Feel free to pay full price at Revzilla and I understand where you are coming from but not interested at that price. I dont agree its fair as I just bought it for the same price as you are looking at just a few months ago.

Let me know if you reconsider.

Dave

Offline steved

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 03:59:13 AM »
Thanks for the response,

Is the steering damper an improvement over the stock one. If so when do you notice the difference?

Thanks,

Offline RideRedWA

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 04:36:51 AM »
This is really a subjective answer but here is my thought on it:

When it came to the R, I had read many posts about folks not liking the stock unit. Mostly as it is not adjustable. My last bike was a Tuono that I took to the track many times. I noticed a difference while pushing it on the track but normal street riding I probably couldn't tell you the difference. What I really liked was that it was very smooth at the low settings but then would do it's job when needed. Again, so much of this is subjective and riding styles could vary the opinions as well. The real kicker is just the adjustability as most stock units are over-damped (in my opinion).

With the R, I never took it to the track as I only had the bike for a short time. Knowing how much I liked it on my Tuono I decided to order it. Personally I wish I could change the rod in it and hook it up to my XR. Not that I feel the XR one is bad, but just to keep it and use it. I'm waiting for a response from Ohlins on this. But either way, I would also be happy to pass this along to another R owner.

I hope that helps!

Offline steved

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 05:13:48 AM »
Thanks for the feedback I guess I will have to try it to see if it offers anything positive over the stock one for me personally.

If you change your mind on the price or would like to meet half way, keep me in mind.

Thanks again,

Offline RideRedWA

• S1000R Junior
Re: TWM Foldable Levers
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 04:30:56 AM »
Bump for the last item for sale!

Recent Posts/Topics