Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Today's Ride up to Alpine AZ via Hwy 191 (Coronado Trail/Devil's Hwy)  (Read 4336 times)

Offline helenwheels

• S1000R Pro
  • It's all about the ride.
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Tucson
Two pics from our ride today, longest ride so far on the S1R, 520 miles, from the heat to the cool :018: and back to the heat :006:

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
I love that road. There's a little cafe in Clifton that has the most amazing omelettes- well worth the stop.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline kev hall2

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Bristol
520 miles - good ride!

Looks like the chap in the first pictures is wishing he bought one too?

Offline helenwheels

• S1000R Pro
Miles, will have to remember that next time.  Kev, he's one of my sons, all three of them are extremely jealous!  My oldest has a FZ1 and he won't even ride mine because "right now I'm perfectly happy with my 5K motorcycle and I want to keep it that way".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:19:53 AM by helenwheels »

Offline kev hall2

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R sport
  • City / Town: Bristol
Hi Helen,
Glad to see you are happy for your son to ride. Bikes are a big thing in my life and I have a wife who doesn't like them!! My son is 14 and she wont let him on the back until he is 16.
Ride safe - Kev.

Offline helenwheels

• S1000R Pro
I was the same way when they were younger with street bikes, they all rode motocross from the age of 5 and I was ok with that, though the orthopedist was on a first name basis with all of us :151:

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: rustington
Hi Helen,
                 Have a friend that is moving to San Francisco later this year and another that lives in Vancouver, Washington.  Been told to take a road trip and fly out to LA and ride up the coast road, if you have been out that way is there any must see places, not interested in Vegas and not really a city person, like the country and winding roads and scenery.  Will try to get over for three weeks if funds permit and hopefully spend it on a bike and cover plenty of miles.

All that are born are given a life, only a few truly live it.

Offline helenwheels

• S1000R Pro
I've only ridden the coastal highway once, from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  I have heard that the best part is north of San Francisco into Oregon and Washington and have a trip planned in August to ride that part.  I thought Hwy 1 through Monterrey was gorgeous.  I was told to visit the Hearst Castle (think that's what it's called) but didn't.  Some of the guys who live in California might have more ideas.

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: rustington
Cheers, let us know how your trip goes. Have a nephew in Toronto as well so may have to extend the trip, trouble with the states there's so much of it, would love to do new england and yellow stone as well.
All that are born are given a life, only a few truly live it.

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
 The Pacific Coast Highway through the Big Sur area is stunning, but not the greatest riding road. North of San Francisco is a different experience, but perhaps more satisfying, and should be ridden. Up into Oregon and Washington it's pretty, but not a great riding road.

The thing is, though, by taking the Coast Highway you're missing some of the greatest roads in the world which are nearby.
Do a google search for California Highway 36, for example.

If you are really planning a trip to come to CA to ride, let me know and I'll help put a route together. There are precious few roads I haven't ridden in the state.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor