Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Noise cancelling earbuds  (Read 599 times)

Offline jsebastian

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R-2016
  • City / Town: Dubai
Noise cancelling earbuds
« on: February 10, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »
I had a good experience with using my new noise cancelling earbuds and wanted to share it, maybe it will help someone else looking for a similar solution...

I recently got the taotronics noise cancelling earbuds. Link below on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0734XD8B5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was looking for a solution to make my rides less fatiguing to my ears and ear plugs were not working that well. I read some reviews for the Bose noise cancelling earbuds which were generally positive but mentioned a 'popping' sound every minute or so, which seemed a little unacceptable for earbuds costing around $300. Then I saw these taotronics ones which had good reviews but none by a biker. But they were only $45 so thought I would take a chance.

And they worked great. The bike and wind noise were much more bearable even at speeds of 100 mph. Though they work best below 70-80 mph where the noise reduction is really good, being able to listen to music quite clearly even when played at a moderate volume. Before that I was using the U-clear in helmet earphones which were good and loud, but had to be played really loud and was quite tiring on the ears.

These earbuds on the other hand, much more effective. And reasonably low profile, they fit under my RPHA 11 full face helmet without too much of a fuss. They do get loose sometimes when I take off the helmet but thats ok.

If someone is looking for a way to make their rides quieter and listen to some mellow music at the same time, these taotronics earbuds are a very good option. I paired them up with some comply foam inserts to make the noise isolation work better, and that worked great - though the original silicone inserts worked well too.

Offline MarketSquareHero

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
Re: Noise cancelling earbuds
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 07:54:47 PM »
Good post,might give these a try.
Not to bothered about coming loose when removing the helmet,what about when you put the helmet on?
How are you finding the RPHA 11?Have got the RPHA 10 plus myself which I love and if the internal shape is the same might upgrade to the 11 when the time comes for new.

Offline jsebastian

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R-2016
  • City / Town: Dubai
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:41:30 AM »
They hold on pretty good when putting the helmet on. May need to vary your technique to get it perfect. I have found that tilting my head forward/down and pulling the helmet a little wide while inserting my head makes sure the earbuds stay in place. Also, these earbuds have the little flexible hooks which brace against the inside contours of the ear which resist them getting pulled out.

I think the RPHA 11 is a good helmet and would recommend, best parts about it are
- light weight
- field of view, especially in tuck position
- air flow
- looks good/ quality materials/ value for the money

Its not very quiet (though I am not sure which helmet would be, at high speeds), which is one of the reasons I like this ear bud and music solution so much.

Offline MarketSquareHero

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »
Yeah,my 10 plus is the lightest helmet I've ever worn.Don't find it noisy but I do use earplugs.
Now my last helmet was noisy,a Shark Vision R,cracking helmet but noisy.

Recent Posts/Topics