Poll

Do you keep your S1000R mostly stock or modify it a lot?

I keep it mostly stock (as-is).
I enjoy modifying it a lot.

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tend to keep it stock or customize?  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Mick Oliver

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Stanford-le-hope
Re: Tend to keep it stock or customize?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 07:01:47 PM »
I found the S1000R has so many good bits that you would  put on yourself but the rest is all cosmetic.
Person choice but will not increase its value but what pleases you to look at is what you do so if it makes you smile when ever you look at it its worth every penny.
Performance wise it is unlikely that most riders will ride over 75% even when they say flat out so putting expensive parts to increase power could just be a waste of money.

Offline windyrun

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '18 S1000R
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 10:47:15 PM »
Missendon Flyer weights in

Offline stanksbeamen

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Honolulu
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 08:12:14 AM »
This is my first bike I've really modded, like others said I do the things I think it needs first. Rad guards, HIDs, levers etc. I search for parts in good working order here in the FS section, getting it second hand but in good condition to save some money.

A motorcycle isn't an investment but a passion for me. I like working on and learning more about it or talking about it here on the forum. Pretty cool to take it all apart and put it back together again, learn things and share experiences to help others out.  :002:
2017 S1000R
1997 E36 M3

Offline Enzio

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Pretoria
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 08:47:45 AM »
I like to modify all my vehicles.

For the S1000R there was no need to modify the mechanicals at all - so it was all for comfort, practicality or looks.
I can honestly say I have not regretted doing all of the carbon at all, I absolutely love the way it looks now.
I got nothing.....

Offline ParkingLotRossi

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 17 BMW S1000R
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 07:29:26 PM »
I almost always end up modifying my bikes but the great thing about bikes is you really don't have to do much to them.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor