Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!  (Read 5118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ampj8

  • S1000R Grand Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1189
  • Country: ch
  • Bike: S1kR, Duc Hyper
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
By the way those who might be tempted, here the clip with the new Akra street legal. At the end some basic comparisons vs. OEM while riding.


This bike handles very very well.

Offline JUtah

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 138
  • Country: us
  • Bike: 2015 S1000r, Red
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 12:14:25 AM »
I bought the '17 Tuono Factory model to replace my S1000r.
There were some people having issues with the electronics on some of the early serial numbers but I think Aprilia has the issues for the most part sorted.

I've got 6k on mine now, and my only issue is that the calibrate function for new gearing or Tire sizes doesn't work right. (Known and already fixed issue... just need to get it into the dealer for a firmware update).

Absolutely love the Tuono, what a bike! (Shot below is from Barber Motorsports park last month)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:18:36 AM by JUtah »
Semper-Fi

Offline Lowrance

  • S1000R Grand Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1952
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: So Cal
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 01:17:19 AM »
Sweet.

Check back in with us in another 6k to let us know how it's holding up.

 Cheers
Why is common sense so uncommon?

Offline ampj8

  • S1000R Grand Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 1189
  • Country: ch
  • Bike: S1kR, Duc Hyper
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 11:30:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by JUtah [+]
I bought the '17 Tuono Factory model to replace my S1000r.
There were some people having issues with the electronics on some of the early serial numbers but I think Aprilia has the issues for the most part sorted.

I've got 6k on mine now, and my only issue is that the calibrate function for new gearing or Tire sizes doesn't work right. (Known and already fixed issue... just need to get it into the dealer for a firmware update).

Absolutely love the Tuono, what a bike! (Shot below is from Barber Motorsports park last month)

Great shot!
I had the tires changed at the dealer so he did the calibration with no issues that I notice. All normal.

Following normal care I think it will hold well through time. It is very quick yet somehow very accessible and a lot has to do with the way the power is delivered not only the torque put into the rear and the tarmac but also the feel on the throttle, the sound that comes with it. Man and machine can integrate "easily" with this Tuono and RSV4, that is their great virtue IMO.







Offline bmwahba

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000RS
  • City / Town: FL
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 02:02:02 AM »
These are sick bikes...but man, I really have some reservations with it's styling. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I find the S1000R looks a lot more mean and awesome. Especially the front  :156:

Offline zombie

  • S1000R Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 625
  • Country: ca
  • Bike: 2017 S1000R
  • City / Town: Oromocto
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 10:47:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by bmwahba [+]
These are sick bikes...but man, I really have some reservations with it's styling. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I find the S1000R looks a lot more mean and awesome. Especially the front  :156:

I don't think the front of the S1KR is mean and awesome, I think it's ugly, but at least it's not boring.

The Ape isn't ugly, but damn is it boring to look at (imo).

Offline memphys

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 38
  • Country: sg
  • Bike: NSR250, S1000R
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 06:50:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by zombie [+]
I don't think the front of the S1KR is mean and awesome, I think it's ugly, but at least it's not boring.

The Ape isn't ugly, but damn is it boring to look at (imo).

I had the same initial impression with Tuono. Boring to look at. But over time, it grows on you. Might be due to the fact that I'm working at a Aprilia dealership and see it on a daily basis. That aside, it's a great bike to ride. Every time I get a chance to take a Tuono 1100 out, I'm quite reluctant to return it. Have considered trading the S1KR in for a Tuono or RSV4, but I'm still undecided. Gonna look at the Superduke 1290R/GT and Triumph Street Triple 765 RS before making my decision.

Offline bmwahba

  • S1000R Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Country: us
  • Bike: S1000RS
  • City / Town: FL
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 07:06:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by memphys [+]
I had the same initial impression with Tuono. Boring to look at. But over time, it grows on you. Might be due to the fact that I'm working at a Aprilia dealership and see it on a daily basis. That aside, it's a great bike to ride. Every time I get a chance to take a Tuono 1100 out, I'm quite reluctant to return it. Have considered trading the S1KR in for a Tuono or RSV4, but I'm still undecided. Gonna look at the Superduke 1290R/GT and Triumph Street Triple 765 RS before making my decision.
Not happy with the S1000R?

Offline CrazyBiker

  • S1000R Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 567
  • Country: us
  • Faster Smoother!
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR
  • City / Town: Fremont, CA
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 08:06:18 PM »
Ok, I have given in and replaced my 2012 RR with a 16 Tuono Factory (straight trade).

The Bike is so amazing, I think its a disservice to your riding life, if you don't own one.

And before anyone asks S1000R is a keeper as it does everything well and has more tech and is most likely more reliable.





Need an Aprilia Flag now!

2014 S1000R Premium White
Akra GP Slip On|Ohlins Damper|Ermax pan|Tecbike CAT|Bestem Fender|V-stream screen|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks CT Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GB protection|MD signals
H&B panniers on both

Offline podders

  • S1000R Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 270
  • Country: gb
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Midlands
Re: 2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory...whoa!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 08:44:46 PM »
Traitor! :001:

they do look fab and ive no doubt they are wicked to ride, I will blag a go on one and who knows, initially I dint look at them at all as the cost (still) is way above the BMWs and my budget but they always get the "best supernaked" tag in any group roadtests.

 


Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor