Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New S1R Arrived  (Read 751 times)

Offline ren

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 2014 S1R
  • City / Town: San Francisco
New S1R Arrived
« on: October 12, 2017, 05:48:29 AM »
Well, my shipment from the east arrived in tact.  One 2014 Frozen Blue S1R.  She was a little dusty but I took care of that.  Now the fun begins! Anyone know optimal image size for pics in the forum?  I uploaded one but it looks terrible so I took it down.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:50:26 AM by ren »

Offline Chris

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000r
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: New S1R Arrived
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »
Congrats on the new bike. Enjoy and safe riding.

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1R, S1RR, FZ1
  • City / Town: Fremont
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:06:27 AM »
Congrats, fellow local! Did you get the one on ebay?
2012 S1000RR Premium Motorsport 
Brocks Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GBRacing protection|MD signals|-1F/520
S1000R Premium White
Akra GP|Rizoma mirrors|Ermax Bellypan|Tecbike CAT|V-stream|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection|H&B saddlebags
2007 Raven FZ1-R Ivan ECU|Micron

Offline ren

• S1000R Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:59:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by CrazyBiker [+]
Congrats, fellow local! Did you get the one on ebay?
I believe I did!

Offline ren

• S1000R Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:05:50 AM »
Some pics

Online beech

• S1000R Pro
  • I change tires, you buy them on the web. $40
  • Bike: K13SS1000R,DR650
  • City / Town: Mount Vernon, WA
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 04:31:36 AM »
Have fun, best exhaust BMW has ever put on a factory street bike.

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 05:20:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by ren [+]
I believe I did!

Nice! That blue looks so much better in flesh. I was talking to that guy previously and we agreed on a $7400 price but he backed out as he owed $8500 on it. Later on he was willing but I already found one in LA for the same price with 4K in mods!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:25:57 AM by CrazyBiker »
Brocks Full System|GPR Damper|Elka Stg3|Sato rearsets|Bestem Cowl|Sargent Seat|Puig Screen|Woodcraft+GBRacing protection|MD signals|-1F/520
S1000R Premium White
Akra GP|Rizoma mirrors|Ermax Bellypan|Tecbike CAT|V-stream|Wunderlich Seat|360+R&G LED signals|R&G+Puig Protection|H&B saddlebags

Offline ren

• S1000R Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:26:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by beech [+]
Have fun, best exhaust BMW has ever put on a factory street bike.
I usually listen to pandora on the way to work, but I need to listen to the bike because the gearing and throttle response is a little foreign to me right now.  The exhaust has some interesting notes a few minor pops in first occasionally. I dont feel like its not loud enough so far when in traffic so Ill proly let it stay put rather than put anything aftermarket on it.

Offline ren

• S1000R Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 08:38:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by CrazyBiker [+]
Nice! That blue looks so much better in flesh. I was talking to that guy previously and we agreed on a $7400 price but he backed out as he owed $8500 on it. Later on he was willing but I already found one in LA for the same price with 4K in mods!
The prev owner is a super nice guy and with his help and help of the local Rochester, NY area dealer Country Rode BMW, the transaction was as smooth as possible given the lien.  The dealership checked out the bike and I kind of just went for it.  Bike showed up with some dust on it but also Diablo Rosso Corso tires on it with some tread left so I really couldnt be happier. :) Im putting M7RRs on it next week which is what I usually ride so Ill see how that is but the DRCs feel pretty nice never had Pirellis before.

Havent ridden it enough to talk about a general sense of it right now compared to my previous inline 4s (2 honda 919s and an FZ1) this bike feels like its "from space".  My ride to work is riddled with bad road so I mostly checked out the suspension in "normal" mode today, the throttle response from the drive by wire was different than I expected much smoother in traffic and I really didnt have much to adjust to once I kind of let the bike do its thing.  Had an accidental wheelie on the way home but no big deal.  My prev bike has crappy brakes so maybe with the ABS and braking distribution Ill use the foot brake in low speed traffic a little more than the front which stops on demand.  I feel that the suspension is sprung a little too soft for my weight but the bike feels stable even so.

This weekend Ill get out and have some fun with it before I get it to a service on Tuesday.  Thanks to the board for the mod tips, I had foot pegs removed, and bar end mirrors on in minutes after I cleaned her up.  Much more to come.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:40:29 AM by ren »

Online CrazyBiker

• S1000R Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »
Yep, I love the light throttle action. Makes for easy power wheelies in 1-2. The suspension is right for my weight 176lb. It is so easy to ride that I was riding my usual brisk pace on it on the 1st twisty ride itself. Time to sell the FZ1 but its so hard given the emotional attachment in making it my own (8+ years).
S1000R Premium White

Recent Posts/Topics