Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Front end feel  (Read 8011 times)

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: Front end feel
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crc [+]
Hi Guys
Iím sure this has probably been discussed but struggling to gain concrete information.... any advice on improving front end feel on Bmw s1000. It starts to feel nervous and handlebars almost start to wobble on hard exceleration and the same on maintaining high speedso. 2014 year, any mods or improvements to make it more planted
Thanks
Ryan

Ohlins or Hyperpro steering damper.

Offline Blade.RRunner

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 03:38:41 PM »
In Reply #2 to this thread, I showed I'd lowered the front of my bike one gold ring, and expressed that this improved the front end feel. That was on Metzeler M7RRs. Now I'm on Pirelli Angel GTs, and was not happy with stability, so I set it back to stock position. This feels good now again. So, I guess front end geometry depends on tyre choice, too.

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 07:01:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Blade.RRunner [+]
In Reply #2 to this thread, I showed I'd lowered the front of my bike one gold ring, and expressed that this improved the front end feel. That was on Metzeler M7RRs. Now I'm on Pirelli Angel GTs, and was not happy with stability, so I set it back to stock position. This feels good now again. So, I guess front end geometry depends on tyre choice, too.

It absolutely does. With my preferred Michelins I had three rings showing and was very happy with the bike's handling. When I threw a set of Continentals on, the bike rode like a shopping cart with a wobbly wheel until I dropped the forks back to standard.
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2018, 09:22:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by miles [+]
It absolutely does. With my preferred Michelins I had three rings showing and was very happy with the bike's handling. When I threw a set of Continentals on, the bike rode like a shopping cart with a wobbly wheel until I dropped the forks back to standard.

Hi Miles, now youíre running Road 5s rather than PR4s, have you dropped the forks back through the yokes again?

Offline miles

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: A red one
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2018, 06:41:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonS1KR [+]
Hi Miles, now youíre running Road 5s rather than PR4s, have you dropped the forks back through the yokes again?

Yes.  The 5s are a little quicker handling than the 4s were, but the difference is minor.  Both fall in the range that I would consider "neutral".
Just keep your head held high
Kiss your fist and touch the sky

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor