Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: R1200RT recall  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: rustington
Re: R1200RT recall
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by deadhead [+]
But how many have actually failed or is BMW being cautious?

After the fiasco with the new GS and the sad death of Kevin Ash which BMW have still offered no explanation for I think they had no option but to offer a full refund and like has been said this should never have happened in yhe first place. Personaly I was a big fan of Kevin and always read his reveiws and followed his Ash on Bikes blog and cant beleive how his death has been handled by BMW.
All that are born are given a life, only a few truly live it.

Offline inspirikus

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Utrecht
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Spyke [+]

After the fiasco with the new GS and the sad death of Kevin Ash which BMW have still offered no explanation for I think they had no option but to offer a full refund and like has been said this should never have happened in yhe first place. Personaly I was a big fan of Kevin and always read his reveiws and followed his Ash on Bikes blog and cant beleive how his death has been handled by BMW.

My opinion and speculation:
For me it is understandable how they are handling because if they do admit it is their own fault...oh man that will cost them much more then recall that they do just now. Suits will jump in to sue the BMW to get as much as they could from gigant. I think if they do handle anything it will be done in background to not raise any future problem for BMW. Life is lost so no going back, but everyone have price tag unfortunately :( including the family of Kevin who lost his life by doing what he love.

Offline Spyke

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: rustington
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by inspirikus [+]

For me it is understandable how they are handling because if they do admit it is their own fault...oh man that will cost them much more then recall that they do just now. Suits will jump in to sue the BMW to get as much as they could from gigant. I think if they do handle anything it will be done in background to not raise any future problem for BMW. Life is lost so no going back, but everyone have price tag unfortunately :( including the family of Kevin who lost his life by doing what he love.

Agree with the first part of your post re law suits, the last part would howevrr be very offencive to his wife and family, his wife has been trying to get an explanation for the cause of the accident for over a year and has said she is not interested in compensation but just wants to know what happened, his daughter has also said she did not like haering he died doing what he loved, he loved his family and they were his life.
All that are born are given a life, only a few truly live it.

Offline inspirikus

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Utrecht
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by inspirikus [+]

Agree with the first part of your post re law suits, the last part would howevrr be very offencive to his wife and family, his wife has been trying to get an explanation for the cause of the accident for over a year and has said she is not interested in compensation but just wants to know what happened, his daughter has also said she did not like haering he died doing what he loved, he loved his family and they were his life.
I agree with you but in this world even people who say all this have price...like i told unfortunatly  :003:

Recent Posts/Topics