Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Question for track day veterans-S1KR good for first time on a track?  (Read 3324 times)

Offline RRickyA

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: London
Re: Question for track day veterans-S1KR good for first time on a track?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 06:11:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Garandman [+]
Track day crashes are rare, and arenít usually new riders. They are usually experienced riders on race tires who crash on the warm up lap because their tires are cold! This despite a warning befor every session......

Totally agree with this, and what DeltaHotel is saying, that track day I referred to had 3 or 4 red flags, all in the fast group, including one guy who went down 6 feet in front of me, which was...stimulating... how I missed him/the bike I'll never know, but glad I did. I've even seen guys lose bikes on the slow, instructor led familiarisation laps that some track operators insist on...that's a special kind of stupid/arrogance/bad luck - although some people that elect to go in the fast group...shouldn't...

Offline SimonS1KR

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 2015 S1000RS
  • City / Town: Somerset
Re: Question for track day veterans-S1KR good for first time on a track?
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2018, 06:12:38 PM »
I canít say Iíve ever had any handlebar shake on the limited number of very high speed runs Iíve done, but youíll certainly know youíre on a naked bike once youíre north of around 120mph. There is a huge amount of wind (unless you have a big aftermarket windscreen) and the front feels lighter and lighter as you press on. I guess it would be easy to induce some weave/shake as the R doesnít like you to apply too much pressure on the bars. Iíd take the mirrors off for a track day anyway.

Recent Posts/Topics