Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Attack Rearsets  (Read 13491 times)

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
Re: Attack Rearsets
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 12:35:01 AM »
 :431:  14.5 inches or 36.5 cm (from floor to top of peg).

Offline Lowrance

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: So Cal
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 01:44:23 AM »
Difference in preload from one bike to another will throw this measurement off.

I've not seen another set of rearsets come anywhere near stock peg height let alone go below. I do not know how much lower than stock the pegs can go due to brake and shift lever limitations but guys on the RR forum have done it.

One thing you might want to consider is raising the seat height. I went up 3/4 of an inch with denser foam padding and that made a substantial difference in leg room.

Good luck with your decision.
Why is common sense so uncommon?

Offline fredaroony

• Ex Member
  • S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 01:46:39 AM »
Might be better to use a reference on the frame instead of the floor for measuring

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 02:11:16 AM »
Just to add to my measurement, I have the preload wound all the way up (slightly heavier than average build  :164:), and the measurement was taken with just the bike weight(no rider).

I think that the BMW comfort seat adds an inch in seat height.

Offline empty_infinity

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2015, 02:52:55 AM »
Hmm.  I haven't touched my preload settings since I got the bike, so its bone-stock.  I measured 13.5 inches from the ground to the peg. 

Lowrance, I now see your point about the preload. I'm not quite sure what you mean by this though -

*Originally Posted by Lowrance [+]

I've not seen another set of rearsets come anywhere near stock peg height let alone go below. I do not know how much lower than stock the pegs can go due to brake and shift lever limitations but guys on the RR forum have done it.

Are you saying that all aftermarket rearsets are going to have higher positions relative to the stock rearsets?

*Originally Posted by fredaroony [+]
Might be better to use a reference on the frame instead of the floor for measuring

valid point Fredaroony - I guess the distance from seat to peg is the important thing here.

This all being said, perhaps forward/backward movement is just as key in dialling in a more suitable riding position?  Just trying to make sure its gonna be worth the money to switch to these rearsets.

Offline Munch

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Colorado
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 03:33:29 AM »
Old thread resurrection... Is the brake return spring actually required? Install instructions don't mention it. Wondering if everyone jerry-rigged it back on?

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 12:34:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Munch [+]
Old thread resurrection... Is the brake return spring actually required? Install instructions don't mention it. Wondering if everyone jerry-rigged it back on?

I did, I just hooked it somewhere on the pedal/lever.

Offline Munch

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Colorado
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2018, 07:29:15 PM »
Thanks, I did a plastic cover over each end of the spring to protect the finish, works well. What position on the shift side did you go with for mounting the quickshift rod?

Recent Posts/Topics