Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best tank bag/tail pack option.  (Read 9605 times)

Offline hic2wo

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: s1000r
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
Re: Best tank bag/tail pack option.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
I use the bmw tailpack that expands to 35 litres,The straps connect to the passenger pegs and its moulded to fit the seat and remains very stable , i also use the bmw tank bag specific for the bike and so far no marks on paint . I had heard bad reports about the bmw tail bag but i think its superb. ( possibly slightly newer model than original s1000r bag).I also have kriega kits but everything gets crushed and the US 20 does not fit the seat well.

Offline Matt972

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: BMW s1000r
  • City / Town: Cambridge
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 09:35:20 PM »
 I agree with Hic2, I find the BMW tail bag is great, done 2 weeks last year in the Alps and was amazed how much I fitted in there, enough for 2 weeks traveling light. Easy to get on/off, fits the bike great and very secure. I also strap a small bag on top if needed.

Offline Clivescoobydo

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000r Sport, R1
  • City / Town: Surrey, UK
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »
Thanks all, think I'm favouring the Ventura system.  Just a couple of further questions related to it. Have most of you gone for the pack rack and Aero Spada VII or Mistral I packs? And does anyone know whether the rack fits with the R & G tail tidy LED turns signals? I assume it bolts to the aft rear peg mount but not sure how the cross tie works? Does it attach to the number plate mount? Cheers
Never ride faster than your guardian angel 😇

Offline Toolman

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: West Sussex
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 10:20:28 PM »
Definitely attaches to the No. plate mount, think my pack is Euro Rally, not too sure...

Offline Bobs

• S1000R Pro
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 10:22:50 AM »
I use the Wunderlich tank bag for things I need access to (money, phone, bottle of water, cigarettes) because I love the design which lets you refill gas without taking the bag off.

for actual luggage I use a waterproof Ortlieb luggage roll and strap it on my back seat with Rokk Straps.
BMW F30 320d
BMW S1000R

Offline VectorZ

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: '17 S1000R
  • City / Town: Alaska, USA
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 09:52:22 PM »
I'm looking for a tail bag that's large enough to fit a normal size thermos, my lunch and an extra pair of shoes. It also needs to be easily removed as I will take the bag with me into my office, and then remount it and drive home. Any suggestions?

Offline StreetTriple

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 12:30:56 AM »
On a previous bike ive used a spare rear seat and a Givi tank ring bolted to it and used my large tank bag. Big enough and the easiest mounting method I have found!! Click and go!!
I currently use a Givi tank ring and tank bag on my S1000R and it's great and dead easy to use and find it a good size on long route as I can rest against it or on top of it!!
Real easy to take and it doesn't touch the paintwork!!

Offline VectorZ

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: '17 S1000R
  • City / Town: Alaska, USA
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 12:44:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by StreetTriple [+]
On a previous bike ive used a spare rear seat and a Givi tank ring bolted to it and used my large tank bag. Big enough and the easiest mounting method I have found!! Click and go!!
I currently use a Givi tank ring and tank bag on my S1000R and it's great and dead easy to use and find it a good size on long route as I can rest against it or on top of it!!
Real easy to take and it doesn't touch the paintwork!!

I'll look at those options, much obliged!

Offline maxotle

• S1000R Member
  • City / Town: VICTORIA
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 05:47:10 AM »
I am using Kappa RA308 Tanklock Tank Bag.

I love it!

http://kappamoto.ca/?section=products&subsection=softbags&select=r&product=117&locales=ca-en

Check the above link.

Offline Noggie

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: Stavanger
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 06:18:23 PM »
I have the Wunderlich bag, I'm quite happy with it.
Pros: decent size, very practical, can stay on while refueling.
Cons: dulls the paint on the tank.

Paint issues can easily be polished away with a machine, but you might be better off putting on some clear vinyl or something.

Also have a bagster cover for the tank and a big tank bag, if I decide to go on a tour.

Recent Posts/Topics