Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Modifying DTC parameters  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Blade.RRunner

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R Sport
Modifying DTC parameters
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
I wonder if any smart programmers have been able to break into the S1000R's computer to modify certain values.

In my case, I'd be willing to pay for a new Road mode. My preference would be a combination of Rain mode DTC values + Dynamic mode throttle response. This would still retain the original Rain mode for really crap conditions, but would enable me to enjoy a brisk response while the nannies are still watching out for me (ex., on an everyday ride). For focused weekend rides in ideal conditions, I'd go for the original Dynamic mode.

If on top of this, we could also add a bit of compression damping here and rebound there, that'd be even better. :)

Offline kinada

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: '16 S1000R Sport
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Re: Modifying DTC parameters
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:48:55 AM »
Good question. I wish I could have Road mode suspension with Dynamic mode throttle response.

Offline BillB

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: White '15 S1000R
  • City / Town: Cary, NC
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 02:16:06 PM »
I would be really surprised to see if someone could hack the existing ECU to make that functionality.  Altering data tables is one thing, but this is a whole different matter.  What you are looking for sounds like the new User Mode on the the RR. 

Given that other manufacturers are also offering user configurable modes, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the R gets one as well.  In true BMW fashion, I'm sure it will be an optional feature for $$, too. 

Offline danielr

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: S1000R '17
  • City / Town: Katowice
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »
This seems to be working out-of-box on 2017 model. I have dealer's demo until my bike arrives and it has less than 1000 km ODO so I'm locked up to 9000 rpm or 200 km/h (whichever comes first). It's possible to set Road mode for engine and for suspension one can use Road or Dynamic mode (independently of engine map).  No hacking needed. Also please note there's no setting for suspension like soft/normal/hard like in previous models. You can choose between Road and Dynamic and set "load" which is shown od dash as one or two helmets icon. That's all ;)

Offline Simonr23

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 02:36:20 AM »
I thought road-dyn pro all had the same throttle and power curves? Someone put up a table that showed the relationship between abs/tc/power/suspension recently.

Offline Lowrance

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1KR
  • City / Town: So Cal
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 05:19:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by danielr [+]
Also please note there's no setting for suspension like soft/normal/hard like in previous models. You can choose between Road and Dynamic and set "load" which is shown od dash as one or two helmets icon. That's all ;)

This...if true...is rediculous.  They better have included the ability to change damping characteristics in some way other than one or two helmets.
Why is common sense so uncommon?

Offline Tino

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000R -17
  • City / Town: Gothenburg
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 06:39:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by danielr [+]
This seems to be working out-of-box on 2017 model. I have dealer's demo until my bike arrives and it has less than 1000 km ODO so I'm locked up to 9000 rpm or 200 km/h (whichever comes first). It's possible to set Road mode for engine and for suspension one can use Road or Dynamic mode (independently of engine map).  No hacking needed. Also please note there's no setting for suspension like soft/normal/hard like in previous models. You can choose between Road and Dynamic and set "load" which is shown od dash as one or two helmets icon. That's all ;)
I heard that they combined soft/normal into road and dynamic stayed the same. My understanding is that the bike is able to identify if the road is bumpy or not and whether if it should use soft settings or normal settings on the fly.

I am a bit disappointed that there is no user mode that lets us set each setting and store it as a separate mode. A customized user mode would be a lot better then Dynamic Pro.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:41:50 AM by Tino »

Offline Thib.

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: S1000R
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »
try to contact RS2E, they can modify ECU, modify shifter response, throttle response, ativate Shifter Pro, and other things

http://www.rs2e.de/en/services-prices/power-mapping-2016-stock-for-bmw-s1000r-and-bmw-s1000xr/
http://www.rs2e.de/en/services-prices/dashecu-abs-dtc-ddc/

Online SimonUK

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: S1000XR, S1000R
  • City / Town: Upstate SC
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 12:46:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Lowrance [+]
This...if true...is ridiculous.  They better have included the ability to change damping characteristics in some way other than one or two helmets.

If Road/Dynamic are the 2 options it looks like they have gone down the route of the XR, although the XR has Dynamic ESA and not DDC.

Offline BillB

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: White '15 S1000R
  • City / Town: Cary, NC
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
Yup, new rider's manual confirms it.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor