Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: USB charger, what to choose?  (Read 5364 times)

Offline MA413

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: 17S1KR
  • City / Town: New England
Re: USB charger, what to choose?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 11:40:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by podders [+]
UK pricing here...

https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/bmw-dual-usb-charger-with-cable-60cm.html

It fits straight into the loom, that much they told me as I didnt have to purchase any other adapters/wiring ...
I paid about $60 direct from Germany.  I wish I knew where this thing plugs in because it has (2) USB ports.
17S1KR

Offline strippervicar

• S1000R Junior
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 12:29:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by MA413 [+]
Sorry to resurrect this thread but Im stumped on my recent OEM BMW dual USB charger that supposedly fits my bike.  I suspect I need some type of cig adapter for this to work from the looks of it.  Any riders out there attempted to fit this and made it work?  Im trying to charge my cell on the fly if Im far away from home and I dont want to use the battery terminals because its getting crowded. 
Thanks!
Nick

I'm after one of these too, but do not have the female receiver for this plug on my bike (17 model). I removed the left hand cover at the weekend and  have two square outlets, but not this round one. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Offline MA413

• S1000R Member
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by strippervicar [+]
I'm after one of these too, but do not have the female receiver for this plug on my bike (17 model). I removed the left hand cover at the weekend and  have two square outlets, but not this round one. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Absolutely!  This was the gamble I took purchasing the Nippys and I thought I could disconnect and tie in my BMW dual USB but that wasnt the case.  The Nippys is great and you connect right above and behind the horn.  Believe brown wire is in the group.  Im still on the hunt for the BMW dual connector direct install.
17S1KR

Offline MA413

• S1000R Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 02:15:36 PM »
Update:  I ordered a 2013 RT female outlet connector from Fleabay but no dice because the connector is more narrow than ours.  So, Im going to take a look at the newer models when I go in for my 600 mile service to see if they (socket/connector)match up.  Wish I did my homework because this is misleading when the BMW OEM chart states it will fit an S1000R. :151:
17S1KR

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor