Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Love my S1000R, but heat on the left side of the frame only?????  (Read 15146 times)

Offline inspirikus

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Utrecht
Re: Love my S1000R, but heat on the left side of the frame only?????
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »
FAN is on left hand side of the radiator so more heat dissipation will come from that side toward your leg positions when FAN is working.
On low speeds/waiting on traffic light, idle FAN will kick in as heat from engine goes up very very fast.

Offline mr_brian

• S1000R Junior
  • Bike: 2014 BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Vancouver B.C.
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 07:01:15 AM »
I just picked up my 2014 a few days ago and have the same issue. I was riding in 25C sunny weather, stop and go traffic wearing thick jeans and it actually got so hot I have a large red area / minor burn on my left leg - I was also riding in 20C light rain and it got so hot I had to keep my leg away from the frame.
Engine temp was 100C.
It seems some of us have it worse than others, I am going to speak with the dealer tomorrow and see what they say about it.
White 14 Sport
Pazzo Levers / BMW Comfort Seat / BMW LED Indicators / Yoshimura Fender Elmiinator

Offline S1kRbmw

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: Bmw s1000r white
  • City / Town: Westbury
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 08:22:53 AM »
I use my bike as a daily commuter and as my toy on my day off. I wear Kevlar jeans 90% of the time and I have never had an issue with mr legs getting hot, yes the frame gets hot my doesn't bother my leg at all,

The leathers are even thicker and don't notice the heat either.

City riding the temp gets over 100 degrees too still no burning leg problems.

Be interested to see what your dealer says
*Originally Posted by mr_brian [+]
I just picked up my 2014 a few days ago and have the same issue. I was riding in 25C sunny weather, stop and go traffic wearing thick jeans and it actually got so hot I have a large red area / minor burn on my left leg - I was also riding in 20C light rain and it got so hot I had to keep my leg away from the frame.
Engine temp was 100C.
It seems some of us have it worse than others, I am going to speak with the dealer tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Offline helenwheels

• S1000R Pro
  • It's all about the ride.
  • City / Town: Tucson
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »
I was worried about heat coming from this bike, as heat, specifically on my lower left thigh, was a complaint I had about my prior F800GT.  I don't feel as much heat in one specific place on the S1Rfind it easier to ride in the heat than the GT. I expected this bike to be hotter so I was pleasantly surprised.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:31:54 AM by helenwheels »

Offline wallmon

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R S1000XR
  • City / Town: Sin City, NV
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
Burns like dragons breath here in Vegas, but looking at the bright side it'll be wonderful in the winter :190:

Offline Jonny Black

• S1000R Pro
  • Bike: 14 S1000R
  • City / Town: Deltona, florida
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 12:57:58 PM »
Got stuck in traffic a couple times last weekend, wow this girl gets hot. I am going to see if there is a way to reroute that or something....blowing that really hot air on the leg is almost painful.  :151:

Jb

Offline UberMoto01

• S1000R Junior
  • City / Town: SJ, California
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 03:12:48 AM »
Sounds like its normal.... sucks though... I wear gortex pants too and it gets hot for me. My foot in my boot actually is getting warm enough to sweat. I talked to someone with an RR and he complained about the same thing so he put carbon fiber covers on the frame and it helped. Only concern I have is they are stick on so seems like the adhesive wouldn't be able to handle the heat. Any thoughts?
UberMoto01

Offline GT

• S1000R Pro
  • City / Town: Lillestrm
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonny Black [+]
Got stuck in traffic a couple times last weekend, wow this girl gets hot. I am going to see if there is a way to reroute that or something....blowing that really hot air on the leg is almost painful.  :151:

Jb
If I remember correct, the fan is mounted on one of the sides of the radiator. Maybe you can connect another, similarly sized fan on the other side, making the bike cool down faster when riding slow? If you're going to reroute the airflow from the fan, it better be solid enough to withstand 240km/h wind speeds without ripping off :169:
It could potentially make the bike a bit unstable if not done right, as it will somewhat modify the bikes aerodynamics  :187:

Offline wallmon

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: S1000R S1000XR
  • City / Town: Sin City, NV
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 04:08:04 AM »
110 in Vegas today.  Cooked a hot dog on my ride.  In fact, i burned it.  So pissed    :232: :157:

Offline mac900

• S1000R Grand Master
  • Bike: BMW S1000R
  • City / Town: Honolulu
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 06:41:12 AM »
Got stuck in heavy traffic in Honolulu yesterday. Plenty of heat out of both left & right sides doncha know.
No modification goes unpunished. ---- Good people drink good beer. ----  It's all up to your skill level, your thrill level and your will level. Everything else is just fluff. ---- Memento mori.

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor