Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thoughts on the MT10?  (Read 11334 times)

Offline Woody146

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 15 & 18 S1KR
  • City / Town: San Jose , CA
Re: Thoughts on the MT10?
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2016, 11:04:57 PM »
Finally saw one in person at wsbk at laguna this past weekend...got to sit on it and asked about demo rides in my area...yamaha is unsure of demoing this bike due to the power..lol.  Was nice to see in person...still won't trade the beemer for one...and no qs.  And I'm guessing an ecu flash will be a must to smooth the power curve just like in my fz8 and the fz09

They are already here in the USA.  Mostly in SOCAL, but a few shops in NORCAL have them.

Price tag is $12,999

the girl I was talking to was unsure if the bike was able to have a qs added ( obviously can with a pcv or bazazz..idk about oem)  She was also unsure if the color lcd screen could be retrofitted.  Has standard rubber brake lines and no radial master. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:08:57 PM by Woody146 »

Offline StevieG

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Wiltshire
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:28 AM »
You shouldn't have to fit a bazzaz or pcv to sort the fuelling - should be sorted from the factory!

I've been down that route before myself and due to all the electronics sometimes the custom map can't get it smooth...bit of a gamble. Besides it looks  :004:  :012:

Offline Woody146

• S1000R Master
  • Bike: 15 & 18 S1KR
  • City / Town: San Jose , CA
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2016, 09:05:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by StevieG [+]
You shouldn't have to fit a bazzaz or pcv to sort the fuelling - should be sorted from the factory!

I've been down that route before myself and due to all the electronics sometimes the custom map can't get it smooth...bit of a gamble. Besides it looks  :004:  :012:

You do if you want to add a quickshifter.

I have a bazzaz on my s1kr and it netted me 8hp and 6ft lb of tq and made my full shorty akra run excellent.

And in my experience with Yamahas...their fueling is off from the get go

Offline StevieG

• S1000R Member
  • Bike: S1000R
  • City / Town: Wiltshire
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »
Yeah I've fitted a couple of bazzaz and lots of pcvs over the years and yes they nearly always make the bike gain more especially if you have modified to a full system (with dyno time of course). Not all of the newer bikes ride by wire throttle systems seem to be fixed completely by a piggy back ecu. Mind you I've never had s Yamaha - pretty much everything else though!

Recent Posts/Topics

sociology-monitor